Muhammad al-Mahdi in the Quran
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 12 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Muhammad_al-Mahdi_in_the_Quran. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Muhammad_al-Mahdi_in_the_Quran, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Muhammad_al-Mahdi_in_the_Quran.
Template:Quran The name of Muhammad al-Mahdi in the Quran is not mentioned any time, but according to the famous Hadith of Muhammad, prophet of Islam, the verses of Quran has both outward and inward aspects. Although the name of Mahdi is not seen at Quran clearly, due to Hadith of Imams there is verses related to Muhammad al-Mahdi. More than 120 verse are interpreted that point to Mahdism.
ALIF LAM MIM; This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah; Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.Template:Efn
Ja'far al-Sadiq interpreted this verse as this, those conscious of Allah referred to Shia of Ali and the unseen nominated to hidden Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi. Unseen is something which is not possible to be seen or heard by our external senses, such as sight or hearing or things outside the grasp of our other senses.
Remind them of the days of Allah (Ibrahim 5)
We sent Moses with Our signs (and the command). "Bring out thy people from the depths of darkness into light, and teach them to remember the Days of Allah." Verily in this there are Signs for such as are firmly patient and constant,- grateful and appreciative.Template:Efn
Imam Baqir narrated that, there are three days which called days of Allah, the day that Al-Qa'im rise against unjust is awaited, the day of Raj’a (a term referring to the Second Coming, or the return to life of a given past historical figure after that person's physical death), the day of Resurrection.
He said,"My Lord, then reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected, [ Allah ] said, "So indeed, you are of those reprieved, Until the Day of the time well-known.Template:Efn
When it had been asked Imam sadiq about this verses, he said, the Day of the time is the day that Al-Qa'im rise against unjust is awaited. Whenever Imam rises by allowance of Allah in the Great Mosque of Kufa, Iblis (Devil in Islam) is coming and said, woe is to opportunity! Then he was beheaded. This day is the day of the time that his life ended.
And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].Template:Efn Imam sadiq interpreted this verse as this, He is Al-Qa'im of prophet family who rises and kills all enemies to avenge murder of Hussain. He will not be prodigal at killing enemies.
And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart." According to interpretation of Imam sadiq, when Muhammad al-Mahdi rises, truth has come, and falsehood has departed.
And We have already written in the book [of Psalms] after the [previous] mention that the land [of Paradise] is inherited by My righteous servants. According to interpretation of Imam sadiq that was narrated by Ali Ibn Ibrahim Qomi, Imam said:" All holey books are [previous] mention and the meaning of ‘’ My righteous servants’’referred to Al-Qa'im and his companions.
Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth. Imam sadiq believed that this verse is about Muhammad al-Mahdi (Al-Qa'im).
Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allah ? Little do you remember. The reference is a declaration of acceptance of prayers by Allah when the time of necessity comes. Muhammad al-Mahdi must to be present since the world will be filled with cruelty. In Commentary of Mathnawi of Ismail Haqqi al-Burusawi, master at hermeneutic and poem, described specific aspect of the End Time and appearance of Muhammad al-Mahdi who will come into view at that time.
Imam Baqir or Sadiq narrated that this verse had descended in the esteem of Al-Qa'im. When he uprise, He will wear turban, will pray and will supplicate to Allah.
And We wanted to confer favor upon those who were oppressed in the land and make them leaders and make them inheritors. The appearance of the Mahdi is Allah’s favor for the suppressed ones by oppressed and the weak and is a means of their coming to power and gaining the promised Divine succession in the whole word. There is narration s about this verse at Tafsir al-Burhan, is a Shi'a Muslim tafsir (or exegesis of the Quran) written by Syed Hashim bin Sulaiman bin Ismail al Husaini al Bahrani.
- Nasr, Seyyed Hossein (1987). Islamic Spirituality: Foundations. The Crossroads Publishing Co. p. 450. ISBN 082451131X. https://books.google.com/books?id=Ncz9AQAAQBAJ&pg=PA28&dq=Each+verse+of+the+Quran+has+Outward+and+Inward+Aspects.+prophet&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDAQ6AEwA2oVChMIx-2v8ejrxwIVivEUCh0bNwqJ#v=onepage&q=Each%20verse%20of%20the%20Quran%20has%20Outward%20and%20Inward%20Aspects.%20prophet&f=false.
- Salimian, Khodamorad (2001). "Mahdi in Quran". Convertor 22: 30–34. http://www.noormags.ir/view/fa/articlepage/368177/%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%DB%8C-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A2%D9%86?q=%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%DB%8C%20%D8%AF%D8%B1%20%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86&score=7.960871&rownumber=1.
- ibn Babawaih al-Qummi, Abu Ja'far. Kamal al-din wa tamam al-ni'mah. 2. p. 340.
- Sadr-'ameli, Abbas. "An Enlightening Commentary into the Light of the Holy Qur'an vol. 1". Imam Ali Foundation. http://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-1/section-1#1-faith-unseen.
- "Surah Baqarah, Ibn Kathir". http://www.quran4u.com/Tafsir%20Ibn%20Kathir/002%20Baqarah%20I.htm#%D8%B0%D9%8E. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- ibn Babawaih al-Qummi, Abu Ja'far. Al-Khisal. p. 108.
- as-Sulami as-Samarqandi (Ayyashi), Muhammad ibn Mas'ud. Tafsir Ayyashi. p. 108.
- ibn Babawaih al-Qummi, Abu Ja'far. Oyoun Akhbar Al-Ridha. p. 151.
- al-Kulayni al-Razi, Abu Ja'far Muhammad. Kitab al-Kafi. p. 287.
- Shaykh Tabarsi, Abu Ali fadhl ibn Hasan. Majma' al-Bayan. 7. p. 66.
- al-Kulayni al-Razi, Abu Ja'far Muhammad. Kitab al-Kafi. 1. p. 193.
- HARUN YAHYA - ADNAN OKTAR ENGLİSH. The Prophet Jesus (as) and Hazrat Mahdi will come this century. A9 GROUP. pp. 830–. GGKEY:8U8F5K1K75N. http://books.google.com/books?id=SAeKBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA830.
- Qomi, Ali ibn Ibrahim. Tafsir Qomi. 2. p. 205.
- Dr. John Calvert (2008). Islamism: A Documentary and Reference Guide. Greenwood Publishing Group. pp. 113–. ISBN 978-0-313-33856-4. http://books.google.com/books?id=2gAjMuLivlQC&pg=PA113.