Nebulas (blockchain platform)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 29 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Nebulas_(blockchain_platform). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nebulas_(blockchain_platform), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nebulas_(blockchain_platform).
Original short description: "blockchain platform with programmable transactions"
Nebulas is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform and operating system featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality. It supports a modified version of Nakamoto consensus via transaction-based state transitions, providing a decentralized virtual machine, the Nebulas Virtual Machine (NVM), which can execute scripts using an international network of public nodes; it also features a decentralized search framework that allows users to search for multi-type data in different blockchains.
It is an alternative for the Ethereum platform, and adds additional features to those provided by it, such as Nebulas Rank, the concept of Proof of Devotion, the Developer Incentive Protocol, and the elimination of the need for hard forks on upgrades to its core.
Its native cryptocurrency is NAS, whose blockchain is generated by the Nebulas platform. NAS can be transferred between accounts and used to compensate participant mining nodes for computations performed.
Nebulas introduces several new concepts such as a ranking system to measure the inherent value of blockchains and its data, a consensus algorithm, called Proof-of-Devotion and based on the ranking given to any Nebulas address by Nebulas Rank, and a so-called Developer Incentive Protocol, which rewards DApp developers automatically, based, again, on their valuation by Nebulas Rank.
This feature is a core ranking algorithm that measures the value in any existent public blockchain, taking into account the interactivity between users, and the propagation and liquidity of those users' assets.
Proof of Devotion
It is a consensus algorithm that relies on the Nebulas Rank system. It pinpoints users within the Nebulas blockchain that are important enough for the ecosystem so as to become bookkeepers. Each bookkeeper earns block rewards and transaction fees, providing, thus, an incentive to contribute to the security and stability of the blockchain.
Developer Incentive Protocol
This protocol provides an automatized way to reward developers that creates apps based on Nebulas. To calculate eligibility and the reward amount, it makes use of the Nebulas Rank algorithm.
NAS is the cryptocurrency used by Nebulas to provide a way to pay for the use of the network and its resources, such as computing power to execute DApps. There is a fixed supply of 100 million NAS.
- Y, Alex (2018-01-21). "What Is Nebulas (NAS)? Should I Invest in Nebulas?". https://managingyourfinance.com/what-is-nebulas-nas-should-i-invest-in-nebulas. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Walters, Steve (June 11, 2018). "Review of Nebulas (NAS): Making the Internet Decentralised". https://www.coinbureau.com/review/nebulas-nas/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "What is Nebulas (NAS)? A Beginner's Guide". Feb 1, 2018. https://thebitcoinnews.com/what-is-nebulas-nas-a-beginners-guide/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Guo, Owen (Jun 6, 2018). "These ex-Ant Financial execs are building a Google for the blockchain world". https://www.techinasia.com/startup-racing-build-google-blockchain-world. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Nebulas (NAS) – Is this the next Google?". 2018-06-13. https://www.cryptorecorder.com/2018/06/13/nebulas-nas-is-this-the-next-google/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Nebulas (NAS): The New Ethereum (ETH) Killer". https://globalcoinreport.com/nebulas-nas-new-ethereum-eth-killer/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "No More Hard Forks in Next-Generation Blockchain?". 2017-12-20. https://cointelegraph.com/news/no-more-hard-forks-in-next-generation-blockchain. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Roh, Chelsea (July 25, 2018). "EOS, Ethereum, and Nebulas Reign Supreme in China's 3rd Set of Blockchain Ratings". https://cryptoslate.com/eos-ethereum-and-nebulas-reign-supreme-in-chinas-3rd-set-of-blockchain-ratings/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "The 3 most promising public blockchain projects from China for 2018". January 20, 2018. https://hackernoon.com/the-3-most-promising-public-blockchain-projects-from-china-for-2018-26582430bf58. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Dale, Oliver (February 9, 2018). "Beginner's Guide to Nebulas". https://blockonomi.com/nebulas-guide/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Watson, Eduard (July 1, 2018). "Nebulas (NAS) Blockchain Signed New Partnerships and Made New Improvements". https://oracletimes.com/nebulas-nas-blockchain-signed-new-partnerships-and-made-new-improvements/. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
<ref>tag with name "githubrepo" defined in
<references>is not used in prior text.