- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 14 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Never_Hillary. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Never_Hillary, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Never_Hillary.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
"Never Hillary", sometimes, "Never Clinton", and Stop Hillary Hillary Haters or #NeverHillary was the informal name for political opposition of Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton during her 2016 presidential bid. The sentiment was shared by some Republicans and Democrats.
Some members of this effort decided to vote for Donald Trump for the Presidency of the United States. Other members, according to the Los Angeles Times, could not decide on whether to vote for either Trump or Hillary. New York Magazine referred to Never Hillary as a movement in a headline. An opposing movement, called the Stop Trump movement, also existed. Some individuals believed it would be unable to dump trump if they aren't able to stop hillary.
One Super Pac called American Crossroads and formed by Karl Rove utilized a NeverHillary ad campaign in an effort to stop the election of Hillary Clinton. Additionally another Super Pac was formed and utilized the name Stop Hillary in an effort to stop the election of Hillary Clinton to presidency. This particular superpac continued to utilize the name despite being requested to change it's name by the FEC. A large group has also made large scale attempts to discredit Hillary Clinton by uncovering past scandals.
Support for Trump
Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock wrote in the New York Post reasons why was part of Never Hillary. Some members went for Trump over Hillary because they believed that Trump wasn't as bad as Hillary. There were others who supported Trump because they believed the system was rigged.
Bernie Sanders supporters
Some Sanders believed that Bernie Sanders was a "stronger" candidate. A contingent of Bernie supporters described themselves as "Bernie or Bust" and refused to vote for Clinton. This was based on the belief that Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Congress sabotaged the primary against Bernie Sanders after allegations that 125,000 votes that were purged from Bernie Sanders in New York. According to New York Magazine, Bernie tried to break the Never Hillary Movement. Despite this many supporters of Bernie simply believed that they were never going to switch allegiance for the general election. This was despite the view of some Bernie supporters that Trump was grotesque. In the New York Post, it was stated that a large faction of Bernie Supporters vowed to never vote for Hillary and it could affect her chances in the November election. According to the LA Times, Evan McMullin was "the last best hope for the Never Clinton and Never Trump masses".
- "Evan McMullin — the last best hope for the Never Clinton and Never Trump masses". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-goldberg-evan-mcmullin-write-in-20161025-snap-story.html. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Stahl, Jeremy (8 June 2016). "Never Hillary". Slate. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/06/among_the_deadenders_of_bernieworld.html.
- Bennett, William (1 November 2016). "Bill Bennett, F.H. Buckley: A call for GOP unity and #NeverHillary". Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/11/01/bill-bennett-f-h-buckley-call-for-gop-unity-and-neverhillary.html.
- "'Never Hillary': Many Bernie Sanders Supporters Are Pledging to Back Trump". Fox News. 31 July 2016. http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/31/never-hillary-many-bernie-sanders-supporters-are-backing-trump.
- "What Are The 'Never Hillary' People Thinking?". http://gothamist.com/2016/07/27/never_hillary_4ever_trump.php#photo-1.
- "Can Hillary Clinton, Goldwater Girl, Win Over Republicans?". The New York Times. 17 May 2016. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/opinion/campaign-stops/can-hillary-clinton-goldwater-girl-win-over-republicans.html.
- "Bernie May Have Broken the ‘Never Hillary’ Movement Once and for All". nymag.com. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/bernie-breaks-never-hillary-movement-for-good.html. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Murdock, Deroy (13 May 2016). "Why ‘Never Hillary’ trumps ‘Never Trump’". New York Post. http://nypost.com/2016/05/12/why-never-hillary-trumps-never-trump/.
- Foran, Clare (5 May 2016). "The 'Never Clinton' Campaign". The Atlantic. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders/481389/.
- Delamaide, Darrell. "Don’t blame Bernie’s #NeverHillary voters if Trump beats Clinton". http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-blame-bernies-neverhillary-voters-if-trump-beats-clinton-2016-07-28.
- Foran, Clare. "Will Some Democrats Refuse to Rally Behind Their Nominee?". theatlantic.com. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders/481389/. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Yes, Donald Trump is grotesque. But I will never vote for Hillary Clinton". http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/yes-donald-trump-is-grotesque-but-i-will-never-vote-for-hillary-clinton/. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- Linge, Mary Kay (14 May 2016). "Bernie Sanders supporters proclaim #NeverHillary". nypost.com. http://nypost.com/2016/05/14/bernie-sanders-supporters-proclaim-neverhillary/. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Thiessen, Marc A. (29 August 2016). "Where are the #NeverHillary Democrats?". The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/where-are-the-neverhillary-democrats/2016/08/29/168f6fa0-6def-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.html.