Next Caller (company)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 10 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Next_Caller_(company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Next_Caller_(company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Next_Caller_(company).
Next Caller is a telecommunications technology firm in New York City, New York. Next Caller provides a service to analyses phone calls to verify callers in real-time. Next Caller's services are designed to identify Caller ID spoofing as a way to combat fraud.
Next Caller was co-founded in 2012 by Ian Roncoroni. Roncoroni proposed the idea for an alternative to traditional caller ID after losing a rental car reservation when the company believed his name was Ron Coroni instead of Ian Roncoroni.
Next Caller's API was originally intended to reduce customer service hold times and friction at the beginning of a call. Next Caller now attempts to identifying unknown inbound callers by detecting caller ID spoofing.
Next Caller uses a proprietary algorithm named "VeriCall" to analyze carrier-level metadata. The algorithm is designed to detect caller ID spoofing and verify real calls, with a success rate of between 75-80% depending on the call subset.[no citations needed here] Next Caller uses the REST API and authenticates through 0Auth 1.0a.
- "Next Caller Takes On Call Center Fraud". PYMNTS.com. 2017-08-15. https://www.pymnts.com/data-drivers/2017/next-caller-takes-on-call-center-fraud-scammers/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller Delivers Detailed Information on Inbound Calls". Forbes.com. https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomgroenfeldt/2016/06/27/next-caller-delivers-detailed-information-on-inbound-calls/#3faa4dbf1ad1. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Perez, Sarah. "YC-Backed Next Caller Brings Smarter Caller ID To Businesses And, Soon, Phone-Based "Shopping"". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2014/03/17/yc-backed-next-caller-brings-smarter-caller-id-to-businesses-and-soon-phone-based-shopping/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller (W14) in YCDB - The Y Combinator Database". https://www.snappr.co/ycdb/next-caller. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Shieber, Jonathan. "Phone fraud detection service Next Caller raises $5 million". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/28/next-caller-fraud-prevention/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "NYC Startup Next Caller Raised $5M So That Your Phone Usage is Safe". AlleyWatch. 2017-09-07. http://www.alleywatch.com/2017/09/nyc-startup-next-caller-raised-5m-avoid-fraud-phone/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Next Caller Caller ID Patent". USPTO.gov. https://patents.google.com/patent/US9143612B2. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Reich, Dan. "15 Cloud Technologies That Can Help Your Business". Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danreich/2017/08/08/15-cloud-technologies-that-can-help-your-business/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Mashape Blog". Mashape.com. http://blog.mashape.com/next-caller-advanced-caller-id-joins-mashape//. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "What Does A Customer Experience When You Handle Fraud the Right Way? | CustomerThink". https://customerthink.com/what-does-a-customer-experience-when-you-handle-fraud-the-right-way/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "How to Fight Fraud and Provide a Frictionless Customer Experience | CustomerThink". http://customerthink.com/how-to-fight-fraud-and-provide-a-frictionless-customer-experience/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Consumers Blasé about Equifax Risks Heading into Holidays: Report – CardNotPresent.com". https://cardnotpresent.com/consumers-blase-about-equifax-risks-heading-into-holidays-report/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- "Robocops can’t tackle online crime without human assistance". VentureBeat. 2017-11-12. https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/11/robocops-cant-tackle-online-crime-without-human-assistance/. Retrieved 2017-11-14.