- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 28 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Nissanka_Senadhipathi. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nissanka_Senadhipathi, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nissanka_Senadhipathi.
Major Yapa Hetti Pathirannahalage Nissanka Yapa Senadhipathi is a retired Sri Lankan Army Commando Regiment Officer, Honorary Consul and an Entrepreneur, who is the current Chairman of Avant Grade Security Services and Avant Garde Maritime Services private security licensed companies in Sri Lanka.
Early life and military career
Senadhipathi was born in 7 December 1963 and educated at Isipathana College, Colombo. His father was a retired Sergeant major of Sri Lanka Police. He has two sisters and one brother. Senadhipathi joined to the Sri Lanka Army in the year 1985 at a crucial time when LTTE war had begun. He was the first commissioned officer to enlisted Commando Regiment unit directly after a one year trained and graduated from Pakistan Military Academy. Moreover, he trained in Mossad intelligent agency of Israel and accomplished more Military education and trainings in other foreign countries.
In his final military career he served as an Elite Special Force Regiment of the Army Commando which is one of the top-secret unit in Sri Lanka Army and also designated as a former Chief Security Officer for the Ministry of Defence (Sri Lanka) & Old Army Headquarters, Colombo.
Moreover, At Army Head Quarters he had experience of handling 2,000 people and 500 vehicles during the crucial time of LTTE threats. Also for a period of one year and half he was in the Anti-Hijacking team of the Bandaranaike International Airport at Katunayake. Major Nissanka Senadhipathi was also the personal bodyguard for the fourth President of Sri Lanka Hon.Dingiri Banda Wijetunga and for a prominent former cabinet minister Hon.Gamini Dissanayake.
Following his retirement in 1996 from Sri Lanka Army, Senadhipathi intended to establish his own private security company called Avant Garde Security Services (AGSS) in 7 July 1996 from his tremendous determination and passion for entrepreneurship.
Embarked with only 15 retired Commondos interviewed in a side of a bakery shop with only makeshift tables and benches at Pannipitiya, Today the company has ranked as one of the most comprehensive and qualified security firm in Sri Lanka with more than two decades of experiences and reliability with over 4,500 full-time working employers and employees.
Mrs Soma Edirisinghe was a significant person to senadhipathi's success journey as she had helped him to develop and promote his security firm by hiring Avant Garde Security guards for entire EAP holdings limited. Moreover, she had helped him by introducing to many business tycoons of largest conglomerates, Dr.Hans Wijayasuriya the CEO of Dialog Axiata PLC & Mr Lal edirisinghe Chairman of Edna group of Companies that supported senadhipathi to generate a superior corporate image and capture more market share in private security sector of Sri Lanka.
In 2011, he established his second legal security company based on Maritime security called Avant Garde Maritime Services (AGMS) which is an anti-piracy operations in Red Sea, Indian Ocean and Arabian Ocean against the Piracy off the coast of Somalia. Senadhipathi negotiated and joint venture with government-owned Rakna Arakshaka Lanka Ltd (RALL) to provide infrastructure facilities and Sea Marshals for international maritime security services. Moreover, Senadhipathi is the first person to introduce international fishing trawlers Security Operations to Sri Lanka. And also from 2012 to 2014 he served as a maritime advisory to the President of Maldives and since 2013 as the Honorary consulate of the Republic of Yemen to Sri Lanka. He also the holds several other positions in his subsidiaries as the Chairperson for Avant Leisure Adventure Sports, Tulip Agro Holdings and Avant Taxi Mobility Solutions Private limited companies.
- New Project
Senadhipathi has implemented a new vocational training program on 18 February 2020 for 5000 Island-Wide prison inmates to provide international and local job opportunities in collaborating with department of Sri Lanka Prison and Ministry of Justice and Legal Reforms with an estimated 300 million LKR investment budget for 2 years in the first stage for the newly enrolled 500 inmates. And later generate 300 Million USD annually from the skilled labours by providing them overseas jobs through an employment agency.
- Isipathana College
- Sri Lanka Army Special Forces Regiment
- Sri Lankan Civil War
- Maritime security
- Sri Lanka Navy
References/Notes and references
- "about us". Kotte, Sri Lanka. http://avantgarde.lk/about_us.html. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Leadership". Kotte, Sri Lanka. http://www.avantmaritime.com/about-us/leadership/#_. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- Mather, Rashmini. "Your background is in the Sri Lanka Army. Can you talk about your decision to enter the army and your achievements there?". BT Options. http://businesstoday.lk/article.php?article=6824. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Security Services, Avant Garde. "Chairman – Maj (rtd) Nissanka Senadhipathi". avantgarde.lk. http://avantgarde.lk/about_us.html. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Mather, Rashmini. "Nothing is impossible". BT Options. http://businesstoday.lk/article.php?article=6824. Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- Maritime, Avant. "ABOUT US". AGMS. http://www.avantmaritime.com/about-us/. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Tube, You. "60 with Nissanka Senadhipathi". Derana TV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOVRJWAVCo. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Amarasinghe, Udeshi. "Determined To Prove". BT Options. https://businesstoday.lk/article.php?article=11787. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Foreign Affairs, Ministry of. "Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Yemen". ICT Agency of Sri Lanka. https://www.mfa.gov.lk/ta/4164-yemen/. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Leisure, Avant. "ABOUT US". Avant Leisure. http://avantleisure.lk/about-us/. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Source, Global. "Tulip Agro Holdings Pvt Ltd.". Internet Trade Services. https://www.globalsuppliersonline.com/supplier/Tulip-Agro-Holdings-Pvt-Ltd.?id=458485&txtsrch=General%20Trading&match=HJHGgfjHKJhjht. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Play, Google. "AvantTaxi". Google Inc. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avanttaxi&hl=en. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- Wickrama Adittiya, Shailendree. "Vocational training program targeting 5,000 prisoners launched at Welikada Prison". Wijeya Newspapers Ltd. http://www.ft.lk/news/Vocational-training-program-targeting-5-000-prisoners-launched-at-Welikada-Prison/56-696067. Retrieved 20 February 2020.
- GUNASEKARA, SKANDHA. "I will once again bring $ 1 billion in foreign exchange: Nissanka Senadhipathi". THEMORNING.LK,. http://www.themorning.lk/i-will-once-again-bring-1-billion-in-foreign-exchange-nissanka-senadhipathi/. Retrieved 20 February 2020.