P. B. Buckshey
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 26 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:P._B._Buckshey. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/P._B._Buckshey, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/P._B._Buckshey.
Purushottam B. Buckshey (b. 1926Template:Efn) was an Indian psychiatrist and neuro-physician who served in hospitals in the Delhi district of India. He became the first President of the Delhi Psychiatric Society and served as served as an honorary physician to three Presidents of India. He was also a National Professor of Psychiatry and Neurosciences.Template:Sfnp
On 7 September 1959 Buckley is noted to have broken from working as a Psychiatrist from the Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi to take up a placement on via the Colombo Plan scheme to study in England. Achieving a Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine in 1961 he resumed at Safdarjung on 31 July 1961.
In 1966 there are records of Buckshey giving introductions to Psychiatry to General Practitioner in Delhi. The Hospital for Mental Diseases, Shahadara (HMD) was established in 1966, the first provisioning of such a hospital in Delhi.Template:Sfnp In 1967 Buckshey took up a position at HMD.Template:Sfnp
A former Assistant Director General of Health Services (Medical Education), Government of India, he was a member of the Indian Psychiatry Society (North Zone) and a Fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy.
He served as the honorary physician to three of the Presidents of India. The Government of India awarded him the fourth highest civilian award of the Padma Shri, in 1991. He is also a recipient of awards such as Shiromani Award, Eminent Citizen of India Award (1994), Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award (1994) and Ati Param Visisht Chikitsa Medal (1997).
- Template:Cite magazine
- Buckshey, P.B. (1984). "Forensic Psychiatry in India". In De Souza, A; De Souza, D.A.. Psychiatry in India. Bombay: Bhalani Book Depot. OCLC 923209163.
- Buckshey, P.B. (1994). "Life Style and Disease: Some Psychological Aspects in Old Age". In Bhatla, P.C.. Life Style Illnesses. New Delhi.
- "Achievers". GRMC Alumni Association. 2015. http://grmcalumni.net/pbb.html. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- "Padam Honours". Gajra Raja Medical College. 2015. http://www.grmcgwalior.org/padam-honours.html. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- "Union Government, Weekly, 1959-11-07, Part I-Section 2, Ref. 12/2/59-Admn.". 7 November 1959. http://archive.org/details/in.gazette.central.w.1959-11-07.89801.
- "Universities and Colleges". British Medial Journal. 11 February 1961. Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine. http://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC1953304&blobtype=pdf.
- Directorate of Printing, Government of India (28 October 1961). "Gazette of India, 1961, No. 437". http://archive.org/details/in.gazette.1961.437.
- "JOURNAL OF THE INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION VOL.47(1966)". N. A.. 30 November 1966. http://archive.org/details/dli.bengal.10689.20821.
- "Indian Psychiatry Society Members". Indian Psychiatry Society. 2015. http://ipsnz.org/delhi.html. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- "International Medical Sciences Academy Fellows". International Medical Sciences Academy. 2015. http://www.jimsaonline.com/imsa_fellows_members_directory_next1.html. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- "Padma Awards". Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mha/files/LST-PDAWD-2013.pdf. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Dr. Shroff’s Charity Eye Hospital". April 2013 – February 2014. p. 8. http://www.sceh.net/newsletter/nl_april13-feb14.pdf.
- Jiloha, R.C.; Kukreti, Prerna (19 December 2015). "Heritage walk through the glorious journey - Annual Silver Jubilee Conference" (ppt). Delhi Psychiatry Society. http://www.delhipsychiatricsociety.com/corrctd_DPS_SILVER_JUBILEE.ppt.
- Jiloha, R.C.; Kukreti, Prerna (February 2018). "Psychiatry in Delhi: History and current status". Indian Journal of Psychiatry 60 (Suppl 2). Template:Citation error. PMID 29527051. S218–223. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5836341/.