- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:RRE_Ventures. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/RRE_Ventures, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/RRE_Ventures.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (March 2017)
RRE Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investments across several disciplines, including software, internet, mobile, financial services, consumer and enterprise hardware, and other related technologies, primarily within the United States, and especially in and around New York. The firm was founded in 1994.
RRE Ventures has provided $2 billion of venture capital financing for over 240 companies. Among the firm's notable investments are Abra, Avant, Betaworks, Braintree, BroadSoft, Business Insider, Buzzfeed, Cyota, Concur, Extricity, eMachines, GiGa Information Group, Goldpocket, iCrossing, Kroll Bond Ratings, Loudeye, Makerbot, Massive, MessageOne, Metapath, Netcentives, Nexsan, numberFire, OnDeck, Proofpoint, Quirky, Qpass, Recyclebank, Revolution Money, Rubric, Smartpay, ScreamingMedia, Taleo, Taqua, Telocity, TheSquareFoot, Vastera, Vine, Vocera, Watchguard, WeddingChannel, Whiptail, and WisdomTree Investments.
The firm's founders include James D. Robinson IV, a venture capitalist and entrepreneur previously with JP Morgan Chase and Hambrecht & Quist, Stuart J. Ellman, a former investment banker at Dillon, Read and Morgan Stanley, and a professor at Columbia Business School, and James D. Robinson III, former Chairman & CEO of American Express, former Chairman of Bristol-Myers Squibb, and 40-year Director of the Coca-Cola Company.
The firm has a group of Fortune 500 executives and entrepreneurs as Senior Advisors, including Larry Bossidy, former Chairman & CEO of Honeywell and Allied Signal; Cathie Black, former Chair, Hearst Magazines, former CEO Newspaper Association of America; David Coulter, former CEO, BankAmerica Corporation; Michael Eskew, former Chairman & CEO, UPS; John J. Mack, former Chairman & CEO, Morgan Stanley; Shelly Lazarus, former Chairman & CEO of Ogilvy & Mather; Ted Leonsis, former Vice Chairman & President, AOL; Sam Nunn, former US Senator from Georgia; Ric Duques, former Chairman & CEO of First Data; and Strauss Zelnick, Owner of Zelnick Media and Chairman & CEO, Take-Two Interactive.
Public data indicate the firm's primary outside investors include Pension Funds, Endowments, public corporations, and other private investors. The firm is one of the largest, most active early/mid-stage venture capital firms in New York.
- RRE Ventures Website: About Us
- Tepper, Fitz (10 September 2015). "Abra Raises $12M In Series A Funding For Its Bitcoin-Based Remittance Service". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2015/09/10/abra-raises-12m-in-series-a-funding-for-its-bitcoin-based-remittance-service/. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Exclusive: The Most Active Venture Capital Firms in H1 2014 – Silicon Valley, New York & Massachusetts". CB Insights. July 15, 2014. http://www.cbinsights.com/blog/active-venture-capital-firms-h1-2014-silicon-valley-york-massachusetts/.
- RRE Ventures (company website)