Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 14 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rainbow_Housing_Assistance_Corporation. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rainbow_Housing_Assistance_Corporation, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rainbow_Housing_Assistance_Corporation.
Template:Infobox organization Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation is a nonprofit organization established in 2002 that provides service-enriched housing programs for low-income residents of rental housing communities throughout the U.S..
Rainbow Housing uses a service-enriched housing model on all of its properties. This includes providing educational tools and resources to residents and tenants, including recreational activities, adult computer skills, and job placement assistance programs.
With a total of 85 communities served and more than 13,000 units serviced, Rainbow Housing provides services to 31,000 residents across Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Mexico, Texas, and Washington.
Programs include after school educational programs for youth, job readiness and placement workshops, health care resources, computer literacy courses and life-skills training, financial resource management classes, and community building exercises.
Rainbow Housing reported that in 2015, 170 residents obtained higher education, 141 residents received health and nutrition assistance, and 67 residents obtained a job, promotion and/or raise at one north Houston property using Rainbow Housing services.
Champion Townhomes Case Study:
Champion Townhomes, located in Houston, Texas, deployed Rainbow Housing's service-enriched housing model. In 2015, Rainbow Housing reported there was a 52.7% return on investment the first year and a subsequent additional 36.2% return the second year. Programming participation and attendance increased by nearly 200%. This correlated to a year over year reductions in vacancy loss by 7%. These numbers were collected by examining savings garnered from a reduction in items such as vacancy loss, bad debt write-offs, legal fees involved in the eviction process, and actual costs of turning a unit.
Government affiliations include U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Atlanta Housing Authority, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, Harris County District Attorney, Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Houston Housing Authority, New Mexico Finance Authority, Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, and Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation.
Rainbow Housing has also partnered with ADT, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boy Scouts of America, Catholic Charities USA, Community Food Bank, Girl Scouts of the USA, Goodwill Industries, H&R Block, Head Start, Meals on Wheels, Planned Parenthood, Teach For America, The Salvation Army, United Way, YMCA, YWCA, and Walmart. The organization has also worked with San Francisco's Reliant Group, to renovate housing units to be more eco-friendly and lower costs for residents, including installing energy-efficient appliances, double-paned windows and solar-panel heating.
- "Haverstock Hills residents hopeful about latest crackdown on crime". Houston Chronicle. http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/article/Haverstock-Hills-residents-hopeful-about-latest-11275302.php.
- "There Are Tangible Ways to Measure Social Impact Investing" (in en). https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/measure-social-impact-investing-data-analysis.
- "Gorman & Company Inc. Selects Rainbow Housing as Service Provider for One of the First Section 811 Multifamily Housing Developments in Arizona" (in en-US). CEM. http://cem-az.com/gorman-company-inc-selects-rainbow-housing-as-service-provider-for-one-of-the-first-section-811-multifamily-housing-developments-in-arizona/.
- "Rainbow Housing - Take Action" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/take-action/.
- Shepperd, Eric (2015-04-01). "Op-Ed: Blueprint for success in recovering multifamily markets" (in en-US). AZ Big Media. http://azbigmedia.com/azre-magazine/spotlight/oped-blueprint-success-recovering-multifamily-markets.
- "Rainbow Housing Board of Directors" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
- Rumbaugh, Andrea (July 8, 2017). "Haverstock Hills residents hopeful about latest crackdown on crime". Houston Chronicle. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Haverstock-Hills-residents-hopeful-about-latest-11275253.php. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- "The Next Step in Supportive Housing" (in en-US). Shelterforce. 2016-03-23. https://shelterforce.org/2016/03/23/the_next_step_in_supportive_housing/.
- "Friday letters: Domino effect and housing". Houston Chronicle. http://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/letters/article/Friday-letters-Domino-effect-and-housing-11732888.php.
- "Communities Served - Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/communities-served/.
- "How Impact Investing Can Sustain the Affordable Housing Industry | How Housing Matters". https://howhousingmatters.org/articles/impact-investing-can-sustain-affordable-housing-industry/.
- "About Rainbow Housing Assitance Corporation" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/.
- "Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation Profile" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. 2017-06-01. http://rainbowhousing.org/rainbow-housing-assistance-corporation-profile/.
- Kimura, Donna (June 6, 2017). "5 Ways to Deliver Better Resident Services". Affordable Housing Finance. http://www.housingfinance.com/management-operations/5-ways-to-deliver-better-resident-services_o. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- "Impact Investing in Affordable Housing". National Real Estate Investor. 2015-08-04. http://www.nreionline.com/multifamily/impact-investing-affordable-housing.
- "Aging in Place: The Value of Senior Housing". https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/aging-in-place-the-value-of-senior-housing/.
- "Investing in Human Capital". https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/investing-in-human-capital/.
- Janisse, Flynann (April 6, 2015). "Served Residents Equal Stable Communities". Affordable Housing Finance. http://www.housingfinance.com/management-operations/served-residents-equal-stable-communities_o. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- "Rainbow Housing Advisory Board" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/advisory-board/.
- "Rainbow Housing Executive Leadership" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/executive-leadership/.
- "Q&A: Affordable Housing, Development, and The Local Economy" (in en-US). Connect Media: CRE. 2016-08-27. https://www.connect.media/qa-affordable-housing-development-local-economy/?cm_mmc=Act-On%20Software-_-email-_-White%20House%20Proposes%20Entrepreneurial%20Immigration%20Rule%20-_-News.
- "Rainbow Housing Partners" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/partners-owner/.
- "Rainbow Housing Partners" (in en-US). Rainbow Housing Assistance Corporation. http://rainbowhousing.org/about-us/partners-resident/.
- Metcalf, Richard (September 22, 2008). "Nonprofit Makes Section 8 Housing Green". Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, New Mexico). https://www.newspapers.com/image/206801098/?terms=Rainbow%2BHousing%2BAssistance. Retrieved August 21, 2017.