- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 17 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:RateGain. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/RateGain, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/RateGain.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (May 2016)
RateGain Travel Technologies Pvt. Ltd., is a company headquartered in Noida, India that specializes in providing Software as a service (SaaS) solutions to the hospitality and travel industry. Its current focus areas are solutions for hoteliers, travel websites, airlines and corporate travel segments. The company also has offices in UK, US, Turkey, Spain, UAE, Thailand, South Africa and Japan.
RateGain was founded in 2004. by founder and current CEO, Bhanu Chopra. He identified the business need of providing price comparison products for travel websites to benchmark their product offering versus their competitors. Started with just a hundred thousand dollars, it recorded a growth of 2,641% in the first three years of its operations and was valued at over $40 million in 2009. TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm, invested $50 million in RateGain in 2015.
CIO Review Magazine listed RateGain among the top 20 most promising Business Intelligence companies of 2015. It also won the prestigious India’s Emerging 20 awards – IE20 2016, and iSPIRT ranked RateGain among Top 30 B2B Indian product software companies in 2014. The company was recently recognized as one of the top Indian companies to win the Deloitte’s 2016 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500™ Award.
Software and services
RateGain specializes in offering software as a service as the delivery model for its products that are primarily geared towards serving the hospitality and travel industry participants in a B2B model. It offers tools for rate shopping, revenue optimisation, online reputation management and web-based channel distribution. RateGain has integration features for all major channel partners and hotel systems across the globe. The company has also partnered with Hotelogix (cloud-based hotel management system - PMS software) to build an integrated cloud-based hospitality solution.
- Competitive intelligence
- Customer Satisfaction
- Revenue Management
- Pricing strategies
- Airline Yield Management
- Yield management
- "RateGain Official Website". http://www.rategain.com/index.htm. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "RateGain - Who we Are". http://rategain.com/about-us/our-story/. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Kumar, Vikas (21 August 2009). "Bhanu Chopra helps B2B clients gain from comparison shopping". The Economic Times. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/opinion/india-emerging/bhanu-chopra-helps-b2b-clients-gain-from-comparison-shopping/articleshow/4917103.cms?curpg=1. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Bhanu Chopra, CEO, RateGain, CNBC Enterprise of the Year". CNBC TV 18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77vncyYo_AA. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Deloitte Technology Fast50 India 2007 Stellar performers". http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-India/Local%20Assets/Documents/Winners%20Report%20,%202007.pdf. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "RateGain bags the Red Herring 100 Asia 2009 award". 24 Nov 2009. http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=64275. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Emerging India Highlights (2008-2009)". http://emergingindia.moneycontrol.com/emergingindia_archives.php?id=8. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Bhanu Chopra, CEO, RateGain, CNBC Enterprise of the Year". 26 May 2010. http://five-ten.org/flah-news/bhanu-chopra-ceo-rategain-cnbc-enterprise-of-the-year. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "RateGain's Expansion Plans". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKvjhvYlJw&feature=related. Retrieved 9 August 2011.