Red Giant (software company)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 1 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Red_Giant_(software_company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Red_Giant_(software_company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Red_Giant_(software_company).
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2009)
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (October 2009)
Founded in 2002, Red Giant is a software company made up of artists and technologists who collaborate on the creation of unique software tools for filmmakers, editors, visual effects artists, and motion designers. Red Giant software tools are primarily plug-ins for video host applications, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Vegas Pro and more . Over the last decade, Red Giant's products (such as Magic Bullet Suite and Trapcode Suite) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production .
Red Giant develops software for filmmakers and motion designers. It provides effects and video tools for filmmakers ranging from plug-ins, suites, and applications. Trapcode Suite is a set of industry-standard tools for broadcast design and 3D motion graphics. Trapcode Suit has a set of 11 tools which include Particular, Form, Tao, Mir, Shine, Lux, 3D Stroke, Echospace, Starglow, Sound Keys, and Horizon. One of the most popular suites: Trapcode Particular, has over 335 presets to choose from and can be fully customizable. 
Magic Bullet Suite is a definitive toolkit that provides professional tools to filmmakers for color correction and visual storytelling. There is a total of seven tools that will immediately grab the audiences attention these include Looks, Colorista IV, Denoiser III, Mojo II, Cosmo II, Renoiser, and Film. Red Giant Universe is a collection of over 79 GPU-accelerated effects and transitions for editors and motion graphics artists. Its latest version 3.0 has five brand new text generation tools which are Hacker Text, Screen Text, Text Tile, Type Cast, and Type On, as well as presets for every plug in. Shooter Suite is a set of tools for offloading and backing up files, as well as timeline preparation, such as audio/video sync, through PluralEyes. Its tools include PluralEyes, Offload, Instant 4k, and Frames. Keying Suite is a set of professional tools for chroma keying and compositing. Its has a total of three tools: Primatte Keyer, Key Correction, and Warp. Every tool runs on either Mac or Windows. Effects Suite offers tools for visual effects ranging from volumetric light flares to believable cartoon looks. These tools include Knoll Light Factory, Composite Wizard, Toonit, Holomatrix, Image Lounge, Psunami, Warp, Text Anarchy, and Planespace. 
Red Giant products are used in various applications ranging from motion pictures to worldwide television programming to Web production. Most of their tools are in the form of digital video plug-ins for compositing software and NLEs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas and more.
Red Giant plug-ins have been used in many feature films, music videos, national TV commercials & shows. Film and TV include Avengers: Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy, Saturday Night Live, Portlandia, Doctor Who, Good Eats, Good Morning America. Brands and Networks include Nike, ESPN, Disney, CNN, DreamWorks, Viacom, Netflix, Google, SCAD, BBC, Apple, Discovery Channel, NBCUniversal, Hogarth, Twitch, Turner, Univision, and Blizzard. Musicians who use Red Giant products include DeadMau5, Cher, FooFighters, and the Gregory Brothers. 
Red Giant develops tools that make the filmmaking process faster, secure, and accurate. For 15 years, they have built software for motion design, color correction, visual effects and photography. It is used from major motion pictures, worldwide television programming to web production. Red Giant's founders built the company on a philosophy of the “double bottom line” - the idea of finding a balance between work and life. Employees are encouraged to spend time with family and work regular hours. 
Starting in 2009, Red Giant devoted significant resources to building a library of professional video training on the use of their tools. There are currently over 400 video tutorials on the website in the form of project-based learning, video user manuals, and product quicktips.
In 2011, Red Giant began making short films as a method of marketing its plug-ins and teaching customers how to make films. The first film, Plot Device, won a Webby award, garnering critical acclaim for its uniqueness in marketing products for filmmakers. Since then Red Giant's film team has gone on to make 8 films and many film team experiments, wherein they share their process for creating Hollywood visual effects. In 2015 actor/comedian Patton Oswalt narrated Old/New, a Red Giant film created to market the release of Magic Bullet Suite 13. All of the Red Giant films can be viewed on the Red Giant Films YouTube channel.
- "We are Red Giant" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/company/.
- "Buy Red Giant Trapcode Suite | 3D Motion Graphics Plugins for After Effects Including Particle Effects, Volumetric Lighting, 3D Objects, and Glimmers" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/products/trapcode-suite/.
- "Buy Red Giant Universe | Video Transitions & Effects for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, Avid Media Composer, Magix VEGAS Pro, Davinci Resolve, and HitFilm Pro" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/products/universe/.
- "Buy Red Giant Effects Suite | Visual Effects & Motion Graphics Plugins" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/products/effects-suite/.
- "Tools for Filmmakers and Motion Graphics Artists" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/?page_id=5.
- "Red Giant | Volume License Program" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/volume/.
- "Red Giant | Volume License Program" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/films/.
- "We are Red Giant" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/company/.
- "Red Giant Training and Tutorials | Red Giant Support" (in en). https://www.redgiant.com/tutorials/.