- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 29 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Robert_Blazek. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robert_Blazek, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robert_Blazek.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
BLP sources Template:BLP primary sources Template:Peacock Template:COI Robert T. Blazek is an internationally recognized marine artist whose paintings are found in collections and galleries throughout the world. He is a full member of the American Society for Marine Artists (ASMA), one of approximately one hundred distinguished members in North America. He was born and raised in Litchfield, Connecticut and began his career as an artist in the early 1970s.
Blazek's work is known for its luminosity, attention to detail, and, above all, its serenity. He captures this feeling through a method of blending which hides his brush strokes and bathes the paintings in a soft light.[no citations needed here] His work is influenced by the Hudson River Artists, Frederic Church, and Henry David Thoreau and he paints on an easel to the rhythms of classical music. He is known to paint with acrylic and oil-based paints and focuses on the New England Coast, especially the rugged coast of Maine, located in the northeastern region of the United States.
Blazek paints a small number of landscapes and river scenes in addition to seascapes. These river scenes often incorporate fishermen, as seen on the cover of The River Book. Much of Blazek's landscapes and sport-oriented artwork is featured at the J. Russell Jinishian Gallery in Fairfield, Connecticut.
He is represented by the J. Russell Jinishian Gallery in Fairfield, Connecticut, the Maritime Gallery at Mystic Seaport, in Mystic, Connecticut, and the Bijutsu Sekai Gallery in Tokyo, Japan.[no citations needed here] His work is also kept in many private collections around the world, including IBM,[no citations needed here] and has been featured in many magazine articles and books including the American Artist Magazine (2001), A Gallery of Marine Art by Jerry McClish (1998), Contemporary Marine Art published by the ASMA (2001), Palm Beach Illustrated Magazine, and the cover of The River Book, published by the State of Connecticut (1998). He was most recently featured in Bound for Blue Water, considered the definitive collection of the best American Marine Art of the 20th and into the 21st centuries.
Mr. Blazek features and sells his paintings at several outdoor art festivals in the Northeastern United States, including the Narragansett Art Festival in Narragansett, Rhode Island and the New Milford Art Festival in New Milford, Connecticut in June, the Wickford Art Festival in Wickford, Rhode Island in July, the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival in Mystic, Connecticut and the Sidewalk Art Festival in Portland, Maine in August, and the Scituate Art Festival in Scituate, Rhode Island in October. His paintings are regularly distinguished as "Best in Show" at several of these festivals.[no citations needed here]
Awards and achievements
Robert Blazek has a growing list of international awards and achievements. In 1976, he received second prize in the Oils and Acrylics Category at the Eighth Annual Apple Harvest Festival in Southington, Connecticut. In 1984, he received 1st place in Acrylics in the 27th Annual Mystic Outdoor Art Festival. More recently, he received the "Award of Excellence" in 1992 and 1994 and the Stobart Award in 2003 and 2005 at the Mystic International Maritime Art Exhibitions at the Maritime Gallery in Mystic, Connecticut, considered the largest and most prestigious annual show in the world. In 2006, his work was accepted into the American Art Library of the Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC.
- "American Society for Marine Artists". http://americansocietyofmarineartists.com. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "Biography: Robert Blazek,". Mystic Seaport. http://www.mysticseaport.org/artists/blazek-robert/. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- MacBroom, James G. (1998). The River Book: The Nature and Management of Streams in Glaciated Terranes. Natl Resources Center. pp. 241. ISBN 094208506X. https://www.amazon.com/The-River-Book-Management-Glaciated/dp/094208506X.
- Jinishian, J. Russell (2003). Bound for Blue Water: Contemporary American Marine Art. The Greenwich Workshop Press. pp. 180. ISBN 0867130881. https://www.amazon.com/Bound-Blue-Water-Contemporary-American/dp/0867130881.
- "Thousands view crafts; top artists given awards,". The Journal. October 12, 1976. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=lDVIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HwENAAAAIBAJ&dq=robert%20blazek%20artist&pg=3326%2C1649244. Retrieved June 19, 2012.
- "Show's top award goes to artist exhibiting at Mystic for first time". The Day. August 12, 1984. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=2sJKAAAAIBAJ&sjid=FPgMAAAAIBAJ&dq=robert%20blazek%20artist&pg=1297%2C2299660. Retrieved June 19, 2012.