Robert M Howard
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Robert_M_Howard. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robert_M_Howard, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robert_M_Howard.
|Residence||Dallas, TX USA|
|Alma mater||Baylor University|
Rob Howard is an American technology entrepreneur, engineer, author, and speaker. He has founded multiple companies, including Telligent and DailyStory. Howard was a founding member of Microsoft's .NET team where he contributed to the design and launch of ASP.NET.
Howard earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from Baylor University in 1997. He was employed by Microsoft in 1998 as a consultant working on Microsoft Site Server.[no citations needed here] During this time he wrote his first book, Site Server Personalization and Membership. Later he joined Microsoft as a full-time employee,[no citations needed here] and in 1999 became part of an internal start-up team within Microsoft code named XSP.[no citations needed here] XSP went on to become ASP.NET. On the ASP.NET team Howard contributed to the design and implementation of Session State, Caching, Web Services, HTTP Runtime, Membership, and Personalization. He also created and maintained the asp.net.[no citations needed here] He left Microsoft in 2004 to found Telligent. Howard's role at Telligent changed in 2009 as he stepped down from CEO to CTO. [no citations needed here] As CTO Howard oversaw the acquisition and integration of Leverage Software, Zimbra, and Mezeo. In 2015 Zimbra sold the Telligent assets to Verint Systems. Verint asked Howard to join as VP and General Manager Social Communities and once again lead the team working on Telligent. Howard left Verint in February 2017 to found DailyStory.
- "Rob Howard". CrunchBase. https://www.crunchbase.com/person/rob-howard-2/. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Rob Howard (1 November 1998). Site Server 3.0 Personalization and Membership. Wrox Press. p. 612. ISBN 1861001940. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=520979. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Stephen Forte`s Blog". Stephen Forte. http://www.stephenforte.net/default,month,2004-06.aspx. Retrieved 14 September 2017. "As of 6/1/04 Rob is no longer a Microsoft employee ... started his own company, Telligent Systems based in Dallas, Texas."
- "About Telligent". Telligent. https://www.telligent.com/about-us/. Retrieved 14 September 2017. "Telligent was formed in 2004 by Rob Howard"
- "Telligent Buys Leverage Software To Boost Cloud Power". Information Week. https://www.informationweek.com/enterprise/-telligent-buys-leverage-software-to-boost-cloud-power/d/d-id/1101916. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Leverage Software". CrunchBase. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/leveragesoftware#/entity. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "About Telligent". Telligent. https://www.telligent.com/about-us/. Retrieved 14 September 2017. "Telligent acquired Zimbra from VMWare in 2013 and rebranded the business from Telligent to Zimbra."
- "Telligent Acquires Zimbra from VMware". PR Newswire. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/telligent-acquires-zimbra-from-vmware-215508721.html. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Zimbra Buys Mezeo for File Sync and Share, Cloud Storage". Talkn' Cloud. http://talkincloud.com/cloud-computing-mergers-and-acquisitions/071714/zimbra-buys-mezeo-file-sync-and-share-cloud-storage. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Mezeo Software". CrunchBase. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/mezeo-software#/entity. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Verint Acquired Telligent and Extends Portfolio into Communities". Verint. http://blog.verint.com/customer-engagement/verint-acquires-telligent-and-extends-portfolio-into-communities. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- "The Rising Importance of Digital Channels". Verint. http://blog.verint.com/customer-engagement/author/rob-howard-vice-president-and-general-manager-social-communities. Retrieved 16 September 2017. "Rob Howard - Vice President and General Manager, Social Communities"
- "About DailyStory". DailyStory. https://www.dailystory.com/about-us/. Retrieved 9 August 2017. "DailyStory was founded in 2017 by Rob Howard"