- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 28 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rompivalasa. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rompivalasa, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rompivalasa.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (January 2015)oooh, orphanTemplate:COIDPv2 loves original research.
- Mandal: Pathapatnam
- District: Srikakulam
- State: Andhra Pradesh
- People: Andhra
- Language: Telugu
- Time: IST (UTC+5:30)
- Elevation: 68 meters. Above Sea level
- Tele code: 08946
- Pincode: 532214
- Head post office: Korasavada
Most of the villagers believe that this place was once affected by the floods of the Mahendra Tanaya River, so the nearby villagers named it rompi valasa, which literally means "mud village".
It has nearly above 1000 voters, a major panchayat consisting of Rompivalasa and Makivalasa villages. It belongs to the Coastal Andhra region. It is located 58 km north of district headquarters Srikakulam, 5 km from Pathapatnam, and 709 km from the state capital Hyderabad. The pin code of Rompivalasa is 532214 and the postal head office is Korasavada. Seedhi (3 km), Buragam (3 km), Kallata (4 km), Korasavada (5 km), and Tampa (6 km) are the nearby villages to Rompivalasa.
It is surrounded by Seedhi, Korasavada, Rowthu Lakshmi puram, Bhaidala puram and Jagannadhapuram.
Parlakhemundi, Palasa Kasibugga, Amadalavalasa, Gunupur are the nearby cities to Rompivalasa. This place is on the border of the Srikakulam District and Gajapati District. Gosani is east towards this place. It is near to the Odisha State Border.
Telugu is the local language here. The total population of Rompivalasa is 2,034. There are 1,017 males and 1,017 females living in 492 Houses. The total area of Rompivalasa is 311 hectares.
At one time, children would play goli aata, theddu billa, tenkala aata, paadula aata. Recently, they have all disappeared from the village atmosphere and their main pastime games are cricket and volleyball.
Places of Interest
Rompivalasa has a ZPH School, Indus library, church, Lord Shiva temple and Abhayanjaneya temple. The main village tanks are Patha Cheruvu, Kotta Cheruvu, Malla Papamma Cheruvu and Bandha or Lakshmi Puram Cheruvu.
Most of the villagers cultivate paddy as their main crop, with an irrigated area of 243ha in 2000-1. Sometimes, they prefer blackgram and greengram as internal crops during kharif. Since 2013, farmers have been practicing Rabi also.
The village's ZPH School is the main source of education for the surrounding 10 villages. It was established in 1996. The place where the school is situated now was donated by Kottapalli Gangayya Achari and others. Some of the headmasters who worked there were Rekhana Eswara Rao sir, Mukhalingam sir and Rambabu sir.
- List of habitations (No. 69 on list), Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Aadhaar centre listing (No. 65 on list)
- Srikakulam general information (Panchayat list no. 23), Dr Seshagirirao
-  Minor Irrigation Census 2000-2001, Ministry of Water Resources
- ZPHS ROMPIVALASA, StudyApt.com