- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Rubrik. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rubrik, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Rubrik.
Rubrik was founded in 2014 by Bipul Sinha, Arvind Jain, Soham Mazumdar, and Arvind Nithrakashyap. It raised $10 million in March 2015, followed by a $41 million round that same May. In August 2016, Rubrik raised an additional $61 million in funding led by Khosla Ventures. Bipul Sinha, who is Founding Investor at Nutanix and a partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, currently serves as CEO.
In 2015, Rubrik launched with its r300 series appliances, called "Briks", in two configurations for VMware environments. The appliance includes a console from which users can manage and monitor their data. In April 2016, it launched its r528 Brik, which is FIPS 140-2 Level 2 certified.
In April 2016, the company released their Cloud Data Management platform with Rubrik Firefly, which extended capabilities to physical SQL and Linux environments, and with Rubrik Edge, a software appliance that extended protection to remote and branch offices. The release also included a software upgrade to utilize erasure coding.
Rubrik was a winner of the 2015 Virtualization Review Editor's Choice Awards. In 2016, Rubrik was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in Storage Technologies. Rubrik won “Best security or data protection project” for Best of VMworld Europe User Awards 2016. In October 2016, Rubrik was selected as one of 25 “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” by Forbes.
- Miller, Ron. "Rubrik snares $61 million Series C led by Khosla Ventures". http://social.techcrunch.com/2016/08/16/rubrik-snares-61-million-series-c-led-by-khosla-ventures/.
- Kepes, Ben. "With An A-Grade Founding Team And A-Grade Investors, Rubrik Launches". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkepes/2015/03/24/with-an-a-grade-founding-team-and-a-grade-investors-rubrik-launches/#219bf1ea2b6e.
- Gage, Deborah. "Rubrik Emerges With $10 Million for Software-Defined Backup" (in en-US). WSJ. http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/2015/03/24/rubrik-emerges-with-10-million-for-software-defined-backup/.
- "This investor turned founder scoffs at funding slowdown: 'real businesses' can still get money" (in en). Business Insider. http://www.businessinsider.com/rubrik-raises-61-million-khosla-ventures-2016-8.
- "A closer look at Rubrik". 2015-05-26. http://cormachogan.com/2015/05/26/a-closer-look-at-rubrik/.
- "Rubrik r528 provides storage encryption and security". http://www.thepaypers.com/default/rubrik-r528-provides-storage-encryption-and-security/764067-0.
- 18:13, 16 Aug 2016 at; tweet_btn(), Chris Mellor. "Rubrik's extra funding as Firefly extended data management flies out of the coop". http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/16/rubriks_extra_funding_as_firefly_data_management_flies_out_of_the_coop/.
- "Rubrik Firefly - Now with physical, edge, and moar cloud!". 2016-08-16. http://blog.mwpreston.net/2016/08/16/rubrik-firefly-released/.
- Ward, By Keith; 01/04/2016. "The 2015 Virtualization Review Editor's Choice Awards -". https://virtualizationreview.com/articles/2015/12/01/editors-choice-awards.aspx.
- "Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2016". https://www.gartner.com/doc/3290518/cool-vendors-storage-technologies-.
- "TechTarget’s SearchServerVirtualization.com Announces “Best of VMworld” 2016 Award Winners - TechTarget" (in en-US). TechTarget. http://www.techtarget.com/press-release/techtargets-searchservervirtualization-com-announces-best-vmworld-2016-award-winners/.
- Feldman, Amy. "Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/amyfeldman/2016/10/19/next-billion-dollar-startups-2016/#1221eca0554e.