Ryan J. Bruce
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ryan_J._Bruce. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ryan_J._Bruce, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ryan_J._Bruce.
Ryan Germaine (stylized as Jermaine) Bruce (born January 16) is a British Music Executive, A&R Consultant and Businessman. He is the Founder and Managing Director of Glocal World Entertainment; a Music management Firm headquarted in London, United Kingdom. Though his middle name is spelt 'Germaine', he regularly refers to himself as Ryan J. Bruce due to the original spelling of the name often being mispronounced.
Ryan began his career in music as an aspiring Record producer as a teenager, working with local artists. In February 2011, during his time at University, he secured a slot working as a radio presenter at disc jockey at a start-up internet radio station in East London. Bruce departed from the company in September of that year. Despite his interest in music, Ryan took a different route in education and studied for a B.Eng. in Electrical engineering at the University of East London. During which time, he continued pursuing a career in the Music business by interning at record labels and working as a tour manager. After studying at the University of East London, Ryan began forming Glocal World Entertainment.
In 2013, after working as a Freelancer with different Music Artists, Industry Professionals and Corporations in a variety of capacities, Ryan officially registered Glocal World Entertainment as a Private Limited Company in the UK, according to public records. Soon after, he began working as a A&R Scout at an Internationally LA-Based A&R Consultancy Firm to gain experience in the field. After working there for a short period, Ryan left the firm and expanded Glocal World Entertainment into an Artist Management and A&R Consultancy Company, and took up a 6-month Fast-track MMBE (Managing a Music Business Enterprise) Course at London's 'Music Business School' to properly prepare for the role.
During that year, Ryan also grew the team staff at Glocal World Entertainment from 2 to 8 experienced Music Industry Professionals, and thus developed the Management Roster, and began developing Artists such as Rebecca Garton, Estelle Lavaud (pronounced 'Lavo'), as well as welcoming more established Artists such as Chingy, Lola Rae, 3Mindz, and others.
Glocal World Entertainment
Currently, the organization has 4 divisions; Talent Management, A&R Consultancy, Music Video Plugging, and Music Industry Events.
The Talent Management Roster of the Firm includes Upcoming UK Female Artist Estelle Lavaud, Multi-Platinum US Rapper Chingy, UK AfroPop Singer Lola Rae, and UK Production Trio 3Mindz; whose clients include Epic Records UK Recording Artists and X Factor Finalists Rough Copy, Guinness world record holders and Virgin EMI Records' Artists Krept and Konan, Platinum-selling UK Rapper Tinie Tempah, as well as others.
Other services provided by Glocal World include A&R Consultancy where they work with Record Labels and Publishers scouting and consulting on unsigned talent, including subsidiaries of Sony Music Entertainment, BMG Chrysalis and Universal Music Group. They also work with the video programming department of BET International, supplying them with Music videos from Artists outside the USA.
Furthermore, the Company has been responsible for a number of Music Industry Events in the UK, including The Essential Music Business Seminar' (which launched in January 2014, and featured speakers form MTV, Sony Music, BBC Radio 1, and more), 'The Industry Insider' (which was held at and in association with PPL in April 2014, and featured Stevie Wonder's Manager Keith Harris as a Guest Panelist), and The A&R Clinic, where Unsigned Talent are given the rare opportunity to have One-to-One Consultations with A&R Directors from Major Labels & Publishers.
The Essential Music Business Seminar
The Essential Music Business Seminar was launched by Ryan via Glocal World Entertainment in January 2014, and took place at The LOST Theatre in Wandsworth London. The free 8-hour seminar featured speakers from a variety of executives from MTV, Sony Music Entertainment, PPL, INgrooves, as well as former executives from BBC Radio 1, and more. Topics covered at the event included; Women in Music (Addressing the gender imbalance amongst music industry executives), The State of The Urban Music Industry, How to Get Started in the Music Business, The Evolution of A&R, The EDM Takeover, The Appropriate Approach to Networking, and more. According to the Glocal World Entertainment Website, The Essential Music Business Seminar will be back in January 2015.
- "Chingy Signs New UK Management Deal". Radio King Online. http://www.radiokingonline.com/news/news-chingy-full-dekk-music-group-sign-new-uk-management-deal/. Retrieved Oct 10, 2013.
- "Krept and Konan Break World Record". MTV UK. http://www.mtv.co.uk/music/urban/12000-krept-konan-break-world-record. Retrieved Nov 11, 2013.
- "PPL to Host The Industry Insider". PPL. http://www.ppluk.com/About-Us/News/Events/PPL-to-host-The-Industry-Insider/. Retrieved Apr 23, 2014.
- "The Industry Insider". Association of Independent Music. http://www.musicindie.com/events/industry/2014/04/23/1223. Retrieved Apr 23, 2014.
- "GWE to Host A&R Clinic". Record of The Day. http://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/tileyard-to-host-ar-clinic. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "The Essential Music Business Seminar". Music Week. http://www.musicweek.com/events/read/the-essential-music-business-seminar/0235. Retrieved Dec, 12 2013.