- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 21 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sam_Bone. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sam_Bone, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sam_Bone.
Sam Bone is a footballer born in Kuching, Malaysia in 1998. His father is fellow footballer Billy Bone, who helped Sarawak FA win the Malaysia Premier League for the only time in their history in 1997. He left Malaysia at the age of five when his father retired from playing. He can play either as a centre back or as a midfielder. He has survived testicular cancer to sign professionally for Shamrock Rovers. After rejecting a 6 month contract with Charlton Athletic he had trials with Manchester United and Sunderland FC. Being born in Malaysia, he is eligible to play for either the Malaysia national football team or England national football team. If he chooses Malaysia, he will be the second Malaysian to play in Europe, as well as Dion Cools.
- Lee, Seng-Foo (26 November 2015). "Meet the Kuching-born midfielder learning his trade at Charlton Athletic". Four Four Two. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/features/meet-kuching-born-midfielder-learning-his-trade-charlton-athletic. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Vick, Vijhay (4 April 2017). "Britain’s Finest: The seven who captivated Malaysia". FourFourTwo. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/features/britains-finest-seven-who-captivated-malaysia. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Sneyd, David (16 February 2017). "Bone beats cancer as he gets career back on track with Shamrock Rovers". Extra.ie Sport. https://extra.ie/sport/soccernews/shamrock-rovers-snap-bb-ahead-new-season. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Cowser, Owen (16 February 2017). "BONE'S CANCER BATTLE Shamrock Rovers new boy Sam Bone has fought back from testicular cancer". Irish Sun. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/592366/shamrock-rovers-new-boy-sam-bone-has-fought-back-from-testicular-cancer/. Retrieved 18 September 2017.