- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 21 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Saygin_Yalcin. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Saygin_Yalcin, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Saygin_Yalcin.
25 April 1984|
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Education||WHU, USC, ITAM|
Saygin Yalcin (born 25 April 1984 in Bremen, Germany) is a German entrepreneur with Turkish descent. He is best known as the Founder & CEO of the Middle East's first online car buying service, SellAnyCar.com, Founder of the first online private shopping club in the Middle East, Sukar.com and Partner at Jabbar Internet Group, the holding company that emerged through the sale of the world’s largest Arab online community Maktoob.com to Yahoo! in September 2009.
Saygin is also Partner at Souq.com Group, the largest ecommerce company in the Arab world owning companies, such as Souq.com, CashU.com and QExpress. Souq.com, Cobone.com (which was also founded under Jabbar Internet Group) and Sukar.com are the three biggest locally based e-commerce sites in the Middle East. Moreover, Saygin is Advisory Board Member and Academic Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Ecommerce at the Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
In 2011, Saygin was listed as one of the United Arab Emirates’ Hot 100 personalities and, in 2012, nominated for the country’s “Personality of the Year” award by ITP, the UAE’s largest publishing group.
In May 2013, he was referred to as "the region's online business guru" by The National newspaper and as a leader  in entrepreneurship and Online Business in the Middle East and beyond.
In March 2014, Arabian Business magazine named Saygin as "one of the region's finest young entrepreneurs and a major part of the entrepreneurial scene in recent years".
In November 2014, Fortune magazine named Saygin in the 40 under 40 list, as one of the most influential young people in business, Turkey’s highest circulated newspaper Zaman called Saygin “a fine example of a new generation of entrepreneurs who can make a fortune out of nothing more than a rewarding idea”, Entrepreneur magazine Middle East awarded SellAnyCar.com, with Saygin at its helm, as the "Fastest Growing Company in the Middle East" and Arabian Business magazine awarded SellAnyCar.com as the "Digital Business of the Year", while the National newspaper sees it among a handful of tech companies to "have the potential to break the $1bn barrier".
In a cover story about Saygin in January 2015, Entrepreneur magazine Middle East titled him as “undoubtedly one of the youngest and most successful internet entrepreneurs in the Middle East”.
Saygin has also been active in promoting entrepreneurship and early-stage venture capital activities in the UAE.
Saygin holds an international master’s degree in business administration and economics, having studied at business schools in Germany (WHU), the USA (USC) and Mexico (ITAM).
- "Sellanycar.com'un kurucusu Saygın Yalçın ile Türkiye otomobil pazarını, 2. el piyasası için öngörülerini konuştuk", Milliyet
- "Saygin Yalcin, last week launched a new venture called SellAnyCar.com", The Wall Street Journal
- The Middle East’s speediest car-buying service launches", MSN
- "Saygin Yalcin, Founder & CEO SellAnyCar.net on Radio Dubai Eye 103.8 Business Breakfast", Dubai Eye 103.8
- "Middle East's first car buying service", Forbes
- "SellAnyCar.com to expand regionally", Khaleej Times
- "Auto portal wants to turn things around", Gulf News
- "New website aims to remove hassle of selling cars in UAE", The National (Abu Dhabi)
- "Online bounty for brand-aware bargain hunters", Gulf News
- "Online luxury shopping site becoming a hit in GCC", Gulf Today
- "Decision Makers TV Coverage on Sukar.com Launch", DMTV
- "Sukar.com crosses the millionth member mark in less than 18 months since launch", Al Bawaba
- "Sukar.com to boost e-commerce business in the Middle East: CEO", Khaleej Times
- "Interview: Saygin Yalcin", Ahlan!
- "Yahoo Acquires Arabic Portal Maktoob.com", Business Insider
- "Building Hope: What Yahoo!'s Acquisition of Maktoob.com Means", Huffington Post
- "Yahoo! Of Arabia", Forbes
- "Yahoo’s Purchase of Maktoob May Boost Arab Online Advertising", Bloomberg
- "Yahoo acquiring Arab portal Maktoob after all", The Guardian
- "Confirmed: Yahoo Acquires Arab Internet Portal Maktoob", Techcrunch
- "Yahoo Buys Maktoob.com in Mideast Push", The New York Times
- "Souq.com, the Middle East’s largest e-commerce site acquires the region’s first private shopping club", The Next Web
- "Souq.com acquires MidEast online shopping club", Arabian Business
- "Souq.com, the largest online retailer in the Arab world, said on Sunday that it has acquired Sukar.com, the Middle East's first online private shopping club.", ITP Publishing Group
- "PayPal: Key Takeaways on E-Commerce in the Middle East", The Wall Street Journal
- "MoU signing with Souq.com", Canadian University of Dubai
- "Meet Hot 100 Saygin Yalcin", Ahlan!
- "Best in Dubai: Personalities of the Year", Ahlan!
- "Canadian University of Dubai runs Apprentice-style course for entrepreneurs", The National (Abu Dhabi)
- "Dream opportunity for Canadian University of Dubai entrepreneurs with big ideas", AMEinfo.com
- "Saygin Yalcin who has built, led and significantly shaped the biggest internet companies in the Middle East", Canadian University of Dubai
- "Saygin Yalcin on Tonight Show - Radio Dubai Eye 103.8 - Entrepreneurship in Dubai", Dubai Eye 103.8
- "Saygin Yalcin has an envious track record in the e-commerce sector", Arabian Business
- "Saygin Yalcin, Founder & President, Sukar.com, Radio Dubai Eye 103.8, Business Breakfast", Dubai Eye 103.8
- "Sukar.com - CEO, Saygin Yalcin on Radio Dubai Eye 103.8 FM - Business Breakfast", Dubai Eye 103.8
- "SellAnyCar.com’s founder discusses e-commerce in the Middle East", AMEinfo.com
- "SMEs Are Crucial to Economic Development in the Middle East", CFA Institute
- "Interview: Saygin Yalcin", Arabian Business
- “Fortune 40 under 40”, Fortune (magazine)
- “Saygin Yalcin named Fortune 40 under 40”, Fortune (magazine)
- “List of newspapers in Turkey”, ‘’List of newspapers in Turkey’’
- “Dubai-based online auto dealer sees Turkey as market to grow”, ‘’Zaman (newspaper)’’
- “SellAnyCar.com: Fastest Growth”, ‘’Entrepreneur (magazine)
- "Winners of Arabian Business StartUp Awards 2014", Arabian Business
- “Fast times for technology sector", the National
- “Saygin Yalcin on the cover of Entrepreneur magazine”, ‘’Entrepreneur (magazine)
- "Souq.com to promote entrepreneurship", SME Advisor
- "Saygin Yalcin on "Eye on Careers" show - October 2013", Dubai Eye 103.8
- "SellAnyCar CEO talks regional investments and entrepreneurship", AMEinfo.com
- "Private funding is still best option for portals", Gulf News
- "Saygin Yalcin speaking at the Fifth Annual CFA Institute Middle East Investment Conference", CFA Institute
- "Saygin Yalcin, who built luxury-shopping and car-sale websites for the Arab world and attended the same German business school as Mr. Samwer.", The Wall Street Journal