- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 12 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Selebobo. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Selebobo, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Selebobo.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (October 2018)BLP sources
Udoka Chigozie Oku (born July 29, 1992), better known by his stage name Selebobo, is a Nigerian singer and a songwriter,. He is currently signed to Made Men Music Group. Selebobo is most known for his singles, "Yoyo', "Selfie", and "Waka Waka". He has also collaborated with Flavour N'abania, Yemi Alade, Tekno Miles, Emma Nyra, and Iyanya. He was also a nominee of the Producer of the Year category at 2018 The Headies.
Udoka Chigozie Oku was born on July 29, 1992, to parents of Igbo descent in Enugu State, Nigeria. He is the eleventh out of the twelve in his family, with one of his brothers, Okechukwu Oku, being a popular director. His father, Goddy Oku, was a guitarist and musician who played during local shows throughout the 1970s. As a result, he was taught many instruments, included the guitar, and was enriched in music. By the time he was twelve, he started to produce music on his keyboard.
Selebobo attended primary and secondary school in Enugu State, but later went on to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, in Awka, Anambra State, and received a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts.
In an attempt to launch his career, he started to write and produce songs, but it wasn't until 2013, before he successfully released his hit single, "Yoyo", featuring J. Martins. Soon afterwards, he would be signed to the record label, Made Men Music Group, along with Tekno, Iyanya, and Emma Nyra. In 2014, he also produced the hit single, "Johnny", for Yemi Alade, which has garnered more than ninety million views, making it the most-watched Nigerian music video to date. Don Jazzy, a record producer and entrepreneur, is one of Selebobo's greatest influence and role models, according to one of his interviews.
Selebobo has won and been nominated for various awards. These awards include the Best Collaboration of the Year Award, the Best Producer at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best Pop Artist at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Best New Act to Watch at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards, and Best Artiste of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards.
- "The Hot Men of TripleMG! Iyanya, Tekno, Selebobo & Baci Get Suited Up". https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/the-hot-men-of-triplemg-iyanya-tekno-selebobo-baci-get-suited-up/. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Ohanyan, Ehis. [http://www.pulse.ng/buzz/dj-coublon-the-talented-dj-talks-about-his-creative-process-work-flow-with-artistes-and-more-id4931003.html "Headies 2018 Music award ceremony announces changes to nominees list"]. http://www.pulse.ng/buzz/dj-coublon-the-talented-dj-talks-about-his-creative-process-work-flow-with-artistes-and-more-id4931003.html. Retrieved 11 November 2018.