- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 13 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sheye_Banks. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sheye_Banks, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sheye_Banks.
|Seyebomi Ademuyiwa Adeniran Ogunsanya|
File:File:Sheye on stage.jpg|
Sheye Banks hosting the Bolington Fest in December 2016
|Other names||Sheye Sanya, Mr Banks, Banki-Moon, Young Mr Turn Up, Hype-King, No 1 Crowd Rocker|
|Education||University of Lagos|
|Occupation||On-air Personality, Video Jockey, Events Host, Podcaster, Multimedia Entrepreneur|
|Organization||Kiss FM, TSC Entertainment|
Seyebomi Ademuyiwa Adeniran Ogunsanya known professionally as Sheye Banks is a Nigerian on-air personality, Event Host, Video Jockey, Voice-Over Artist, Podcaster, Radio Jockey for Kiss Fm Lagos as well as a Music and Multimedia Entrepreneur.
Born on the 14th of July, to a Print-Media Entrepreneur Father and a Lecturer Mother, he hails from Epe in Lagos State. He attended Elibel International School where he was the primary school’s Head Boy (or Senior Prefect) and Boys Brigade Leader. He proceeded to take on a major role as the president of the Press Club in his High School, Roshallom International Secondary School which eventually shaped his career path. Influences from visiting his dad at his press and learning about the media business combined with working in his high school days as a press man also made his interest and love for the media grow.
Seye (pronounced as Shę•yę) holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the prestigious University of Lagos and is currently studying for a Second degree in Maritime Management and Administration in the same institution.
In the year 2010, Seye was forced to take a break from studying in the university due to registration issues to spend some time in the UK. During his stay in Kent, while he was visiting a relative at the hospital, he came across an announcement office at Ashford Hospital Broadcasting Service (AHBS) that caught his fancy. Fascinated by what he saw, he made a decision to learn more about the art thereon. Everything changed for him and at that point, he knew he was going to become a broadcaster.
In 2011, Seye returned to Nigeria to continue his education, and his experience in London geared him to join his campus radio station University of Lagos Fm (Unilag Fm) and there he worked as a radio presenter for various shows including Young Bosses, Edu-Africa and Praise Urban.
Music and events
Sheye Sanya set up a Music and Event management company in this period; TSC Management, hosting and organising events in Lagos as well as managing budding artists in the city. He owns the management company that currently has on its roll, fast rising singer Chris Rio with one of its biggest achievements seeing the singer’s commercially successful debut Ep Unveiled:The Ep reach number 6 on the iTunes Nigeria album chart and iTunes Pop Charts at number 2 from just pre-orders.
After graduating from the university, he took a break from broadcasting and entertainment, deciding to take on a new challenge as an e-Marketing officer at a marketing firm Brinq Africa in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.
In 2015, during one of the events he hosted, he had the opportunity to interact with Media Ace, Wale Ewedemi and Sports guru, Frank Alapa in the NYSC orientation camp, Kubwa where he was once again approached with a radio offer which saw him join Kiss Fm Abuja a month later. He worked with the franchise receiving several recognition and also jointly showcasing the Kiss Fm brand as one of the most sort after stations in the FCT.
After playing a key role at Kiss Fm Abuja, he returned to Lagos to jointly pioneer Kiss Fm Lagos with intellectual minds, achieving what seemed to be an impossible feat for a radio station where in less than a month of its launch, there was a successful gain of listener-ship and features of interview sessions with over 100 artists and celebrities.
In a tweet-chat interview on Broadcasting with Hello Naija, he stated that the reason why radio and TV presenters are regarded to as proud is because "most on-air personalities are shy" and tend to act very confident to overwhelm that thought.
Multimedia and PR
Seye currently runs a podcast designed for fast-rising artists he tagged as The Next Big Thing which showcases the promising talents as well as the music they present, with the aim of bringing more exposure of their sounds to the lovers of good music.
Seye has also worked on branding with a number of companies including: Next Unisex Salon, Leomantra, LogiDigi and HLC.
Awards and nominations
The quick-seasoned individual has bagged several nominations and awards including the nomination as Best Presenter at The prestigious Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards 2015, Best Presenter nominee and Best Radio Program nominee at the Scream Awards 2015, Voice of The Year nominee at the Scream Awards 2016 and Winner of Outstanding OAP at the Pearl Awards 2016.
|Scream Awards||Voice Of The Year||Himself||Template:Nominated||2016|
|Pearl Awards||Outstanding OAP||Himself||Template:Won||2016|
|Nigeria Broadcasters Merit Award||Outstanding Radio Program Presenter on the Night Cruise||Himself||Template:Nominated||2015|
|Scream Awards||Radio Show Of The Year||Himself||Template:Nominated||2015|
Born and raised in Lagos Nigeria, he hails from Epe in Lagos State. He is the first of four children.
- admin (2 March 2017). "98.9 Kiss FM Lagos OAP Sheye Banks Launches Website; sheyesanya.com – MediaGuide.NG". mediaguide.ng. http://www.mediaguide.ng/98-9-kiss-fm-lagos-oap-sheye-banks-launches-website-sheyesanya-com/. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "7 Voices To Rule The Airwaves". Instagram.com. https://www.instagram.com/p/BSyavGnFTLB/. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Meet Chris Rio". tobiojenike.blogspot.com.ng. http://tobiojenike.blogspot.com.ng/2014/11/meet-chris-rio.html. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Unveiled EP by Chris Rio makes the number 2 pop album on iTunes in Nigeria from just pre-orders!". instagram.com. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAab8pCEIDH/. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Finally! Here Are Nominees’ Numbers For Voting At NBMA 2015 – Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards". nigerianbroadcastersmeritawards.com. http://www.nigerianbroadcastersmeritawards.com/behold-nbma-2015-nominees-list-for-verification/. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "D'banj, Linda Ikeji, Don Jazzy grab Scream All Youth Awards 2016 nomination – Nigerian Entertainment Today – Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games". thenet.ng. 13 October 2016. http://thenet.ng/2016/10/dbanj-linda-ikeji-don-jazzy-grab-scream-all-youth-awards-2016-nomination/. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Scream All Youths Awards 2015 Nominees List – SCREAM AWARDS". screamawards.com.ng. http://screamawards.com.ng/scream-all-youths-awards-2015-nominees-list/. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "YOUTH NOMINEES – SCREAM AWARDS". screamawards.com.ng. http://screamawards.com.ng/youth-nominees/. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "“Most OAPs Are Shy…” – Sheye Bankz (@sheyesanya)". http://hellonaija.ng. http://hellonaija.ng/people-lifestyle/oaps-shy-sheye-sanye-sheyebanks/. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "The Next Big Thing on Soundcloud". soundcloud.com. https://soundcloud.com/tscofficial. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Podcast:The Next Big Thing EP2". sheyesanya.com. http://sheyesanya.com/2017/03/13/podcast-the-next-big-thing-ep2-odunsi-desire-ft-tay-iwar-funbi/. Retrieved 22 April 2017.