Shimon Cohen (businessman)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 3 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Shimon_Cohen_(businessman). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shimon_Cohen_(businessman), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shimon_Cohen_(businessman).
This article is about the businessman. For other uses, see Shimon Cohen (disambiguation).
Shimon Cohen is the Founder and Chairman of the PR Office, started in 2004.
After eight years of working for Lord Jakobovits, Cohen was offered a job by Lord Tim Bell. Starting in 1990, he worked at Bell Pottinger for 14 years where he wrote speeches for Nelson Mandela and had clients such as Andrew Lloyd Webber. In 1996, Cohen took a year out to run Andrew Lloyd Webber’s private office at the Really Useful Group.
By the year 2000, he was the CEO of Bell Pottinger Public Relations. He established a London based public relations consultancy called the PR Office in 2004 and is the Founder and Chairman of the company. They specialize in corporate and professional services as well as the non-profit sector. He is also the Campaign Director of Shechita UK.
Directorships and memberships
Partial list of publications
- “PR and strategy must work together” Counsel Magazine (September 2, 2011)
- “Would we say it in public? Jerusalem Post (July 21, 2010)
- “Charities will adapt or die” Jewish Chronicle (September 2, 2011)
- “Don’t take your Friday night chicken soup for granted” Jewish News (July 18, 2014)
- “Britain is a wonderful home for Jews” Jewish Chronicle (January 5, 2015)
- “UKIP’s Shechita U-Turn” Jewish News (February 5, 2015)
Pierre Gildesgame Jewish Youth Leader Award 
Cohen has three children.
- Sparrow, Andrew; Tweedie, Neil. "Style guru plans to give Cherie a sharper image". The Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1436015/Style-guru-plans-to-give-Cherie-a-sharper-image.html. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Hill, Adam. "Shimon Cohen, Bell Pottinger PR - Bell boss is just doing what comes naturally.". PR Week. http://www.prweek.com/article/100849/profile-shimon-cohen-bell-pottinger-pr---bell-boss-just-doing-comes-naturally-man--rsquohappened-rsquo-pr-shimon-cohen-long. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Rashty, Sandy. "Shimon Cohen, the Sultan of Spin". The JC. http://www.thejc.com/business/business-features/124214/shimon-cohen-sultan-spin. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Shimon Cohen". London Jewish Forum. http://londonjewishforum.org.uk/?page_id=581. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Healthcare consultancy selects The PR Office". Gorkana. http://www.gorkana.com/news/consumer/pitch-wins/healthcare-consultancy-selects-the-pr-office/. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Cohen, Shimon. "Why are we not talking about animal welfare? accessdate=18 March 2015".
- "Meat Packing Journal". ISSUU. http://issuu.com/meatpacking/docs/vol_2___iss_1__meat_packing_journal?e=10038563/10798525. Retrieved 18 March 2015.