Shomprakash Sinha Roy
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 9 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Shomprakash_Sinha_Roy. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shomprakash_Sinha_Roy, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shomprakash_Sinha_Roy.
|Shomprakash Sinha Roy|
File Photograph of Shomprakash Sinha Roy at Promenade Beach, Pondicherry, taken in March 2017
Shomprakash Asit Baran Anil Baran Sinha Roy|
30 October 1990
|Other names||Roy, Shom|
|Education||ICFAI, DPS Durg|
|Occupation||Author (fiction), Creative Marketing Lead at Onco.com|
|Known for||Author of "The Pink Smoke", "This is Friday"|
|Parents||A.B. Sinha Roy, Neli Sinha Roy|
Shomprakash Sinha Roy (Born Shomprakash Asit Baran Anil Baran Sinha Roy) is an author of contemporary fiction and non-fiction, based in Bangalore, India. He is the author of the novel "The Pink Smoke". He has written many short stories and sits on the editorial board of a collaborative network blog, called The Times Blog. He has also contributed to online journals such as The Youth Express. His first published work appeared in a book called "The Traversal of Lines", published by Pageturners publishers - a Joint Venture between Penguin Books and SIP Books, where the british editor Robin Lord accepted his story Three Days in a week. His first paperback novel "The Pink Smoke" was published in 2013. He was also a winner on NaNoWriMo – an international contest for authors, where entire manuscripts are written within a span of 30 calendar days.
Early life and education
Shomprakash was born at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, to Asit Baran Sinha Roy and Neli Sinha Roy, after two child deaths in the family. He finished primary school at DPS Korba in Chhattisgarh. His high school years were spent at Delhi Public School, Durg. During this period, he was chosen to represent the school prefecture as the Head Boy for two successive academic years. He was an active participant in school debates and Pan-India Inter-School contests. He had expressed interest in pursuing a career in literature, post completion of his high school education. However, he was sent to study at PES School of Engineering (Presently PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore South Campus) to study towards a bachelor's degree in Engineering. After an exodus from the Visveswaraiah Technological University, he joined the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in India (ICFAI). He gained a master's degree in Business Administration from the Indian Institute of Business Management in 2014.
Academic conflicts and professional continuity
Shomprakash was detained in an early semester at Visveswaraiah Technological University (Where he had enrolled as a student of Computer Science Engineering) with the official citation of 'Medical Reasons'.[no citations needed here] During this period, he returned to writing, started working on his blog, and joined the development team for a social network called 'unCOM' – working on the online magazine division. Later, in November 2010, he dropped out of his engineering course completely, and joined Dell as a technical consultant. He left Dell in 2015, as a specialist in Corporate Communications and Social Media, and was appointed to lead the Content, Communication, Social Media and Digital Marketing processes at Amagi Corporation, operating at the media technology firm's Central Research & Development center in Bangalore, India. Here, he wrote and directed the TV Commercial 'Yaari Yaari' for Amagi's newly launched online media buying portal Amagi MIX. In October 2016, Shomprakash was signed up as Head of Marketing at Legacy Global Projects Ltd, a Limited Edition Luxury Real Estate Development firm headquartered in Bangalore, India.
Aside from his professional engagements, Shomprakash continues to edit for online portals such as BuzzFeed, The Times Blog and was in the past involved with a YouTube channel titled 'Ninjaji' which was hailed by MensXP.com and Asianet News for their latest video, a comic sketch featuring men advertising a menstrual hygiene product.
In 2016, Shomprakash underwent a notable weight transformation under the guidance of Hrithik Roshan's trainer Kris Gethin, losing more than 30 kilograms in a span of three months. This change was covered by The Hindu and Asianet News.
Shomprakash has worked with the Penguin Books-SIP Books collaborative Imprint "Pageturners Books" headquartered in Bangalore, India, in their cultural anthology of short stories – The Traversal of Lines. His debut novel "The Pink Smoke" was published by Grapevine India. Apart from these, he has written two novellas and the third instalment in "The Backbenchers" series- called "3 Days of Summer", writing under the pseudonym "Siddharth Oberoi". His second novel Life, Served Hot was published on 14 February 2014.
Roy has mentioned in an interview with The Hindu in 2013, that his primary inspiration towards a career in literary fiction was Joanne Kathleen Rowling. Apart from Rowling, he is a follower of the works of Arundhati Roy, Rabindranath Tagore, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, John Green, Stephen Chbosky, Karan Bajaj, Durjoy Datta, Aravind Adiga and other Indian authors.
Roy is also involved in progressive rock music, and is lead vocalist of the band Pedestrians. He joined the group in 2009.
Index of works
The present list of Roy's works – both in print and in electronic format, include:
- The Traversal of Lines – Three Days in a Week (Short Story), Penguin UK – SIP India Books
- The Collateral Emotion – 25 Strokes of Kindness (Short Story), Grapevine India Publishers
- This is Friday – Kindle Ebook, Amazon Digital Media
- The Chief of Baghdad – Kindle Ebook, Amazon Digital Media
- The Pink Smoke – Paperback, Grapevine India Publishers (Novel)
- Life, Served HOT! – Paperback, Grapevine India Publishers (Novel)
- 21 Things About Romance – Paperback, Grapevine India Publishers (Novel)
- The Backbenchers – 3 Days of Summer (Under Pseudonym Siddharth Oberoi), Grapevine India Publishers (Novel)
- In 2006, Shomprakash received the prestigious Amul Shakti Vidyashree Award – at the age of sixteen.
- In 2013, Shomprakash was chosen as a Young Achiever by Whistling Woods International – India's leading film school founded by Subhash Ghai (Inspirations Young Achiever Award 2013)
- In November 2014, Shomprakash was nominated to the Forbes Top 100 Celebrities List in India.
- The Traversal of Lines, Pageturners Imprint : Penguin Books UK and Surya Infotaintment Products, ISBN 81-923206-7-7 Edited by Robin Lord, Cardiff University, UK
- The Pink Smoke, Grapevine India Books, ISBN 978-93-81841-31-0
- Flipkart : http://www.flipkart.com/the-pink-smoke/p/itmdmkehbk5xkyz4?pid=9789381841310
- Winning Profile on NaNoWriMo: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 August 2013. https://archive.is/20130811142347/http://nanowrimo.org/es/participants/shomprakash. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- DPS Durg: Delhi Public School Society#DPS Durg
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6896203.Shomprakash_Sinha_Roy
- Shomprakash's Professional Profile on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shomprakash
- Channel Credits, Amagi Media on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irebwxOtioY
- Behind The Scenes Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSjetN8Ry20
- AFAQs coverage on Amagi MIX and 'Yaari Yaari' - The TV commercial shot in-house at Amagi: http://www.afaqs.com/news/story/49141_Amagi-launches-AmagiMIX-to-woo-small-and-medium-businesses
- Shomprakash's Professional Profile on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shomprakash
- BuzzFeed, Shom: https://buzzfeed.com/shom
- The Times Blog: https://www.thetimesblog.com
- MensXP Article on Ninjaji's 'Humara Wala Pad' video: http://www.mensxp.com/special-features/today/32823-this-video-slams-gender-stereotyping-in-sanitary-napkin-ads.html
- AsiaNet's report on 'Humara Wala Pad' by Shomprakash Sinha roy, Ninjaji: http://newsable.asianetnews.tv/entertainment/this-hilarious-sanitary-napkin-ad-by-bangalore-men-has-a-strong-message
- The Hindu's Article on Shomprakash's Weight Loss: https://www.pressreader.com/india/the-hindu/20171106/282759176939687
- AsiaNet's article on Shomprakash's weight loss: https://newsable.asianetnews.com/life/90-to-60-kgs-in-3-months-this-bangalore-based-author-weight-loss-journey-is-inspiring
- Press Release about Shomprakash's introduction to print publication by Durjoy Datta: http://www.prlog.org/12156724-durjoy-datta-introduces-22-year-old-author-shomprakash-to-india.html
- Press Release http://www.pr.com/press-release/497597
- Press Release http://inspiresdaily.com/durjoy-datta-introduces-22-year-old-author-shomprakash-to-india/
- Interview of Shomprakash Sinha Roy with The Hindu - http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-metroplus/shades-of-the-writer/article5211286.ece
- * Amul Shakti Vidyashree List of 2006: "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130726064013/http://toi.amul.com/Vidyashree_06_India.html. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- * Forbes Top 100 Longlist, 2014: http://forbesindia.com/article/special/forbes-india-celebrity-100-nominees-list-for-2014/39097/1