- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 7 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sigmund_Solares. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sigmund_Solares, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sigmund_Solares.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2014)
Sigmund J. Solares was the CEO of New Orleans-based companies alternativeidentity.com, Zipa LLC. (zipa.com) and New Orleans Leftover Data Centers, Inc. He was also the CEO of the Grand Cayman-based Parked, LTD.
Intercosmos Media Group focused on Domain name sales, hosting and advertising. Zipa focused on web hosting, managed hosting services, colocation, commercial bandwidth services, and becoming a regional peering point. He is also the CEO of Modern Domainer Magazine which is based in Austin, Texas where the editor of the magazine is located. The freelance writers for the magazine Modern Domainer are located worldwide. He was also involved in the 2008 regional ICANN meeting in New Orleans and the 2009 and 2010 Domainer Mardi Gras conferences held in New Orleans.
Solares has been the focus of controversy because his business has been accused of using its status as a registrar to acquire domain names including computer.com, digitalcameras.com, cameras.com, event.com, invention.com and thousands of other domain names. Additionally, he has been accused of illicit business practices which have resulted in lawsuits, each totaling tens of millions of Dollars by Dell Computers in 2007 and by Verizon in 2010. 
- Zipa (www.zipa.com)
- Domain Contender (www.domaincontender.com)
- Assorted (www.assorted.com)
- moderndomainer.com (www.moderndomainer.com)
- Domainer Mardi Gras (www.domainermardigras.com)