- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 13 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sivakumar_Veerasamy. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sivakumar_Veerasamy, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sivakumar_Veerasamy.
Sivakumar Veerasamy (Template:Lang-ta; born 4 July 1971) is an Indian-born Plant geneticist. He was born in Vadipatti, Madurai district, in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. He is one of leading tree breeder in India, especially in eucalyptus, teak, etc.,.
Education and career
He studied forestry, to attain both Bachelor's (1992) and Masters (1994) in Forest College & Research Institute in Mettupalayam, Tamil Nadu, in 1992 and 1994 respectively, which was a constituent college of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
After completing his higher education, he served as Junior Research Fellow in a World bank-funded project till early 1997 at Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. During 1997, he competed and got selected in Scientist examination conducted by Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education and was posted as Scientist in Division of Seed Technology of the same institute. While working as scientist, as an in-service he managed to complete his PhD in 2005 under the guideship of Dr.K.Vanangamudi, professor, Department of Seed Science and Technology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India along with Dr. V. Mohan, Scientist-E, IFGTB, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. Later in an inter-divisional transfer he was shifted to Division of Biotechnology and later to Division of Genetics and Tree Breeding in early 2008. Besides as a Scientist, he is also an academician, being a recognised research supervisior in FRI and Bharathiar University for the award for M.Phil. and PhD programs.
Sivakumar Veerasamy is married to Deepa and having a daughter, Harshini Sivakumar and a son, Santosh Sivakumar. He lives in Govt. Quarters within the Forest Campus located at R. S. Puram, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- "Directory of APFOR". Asia Pacific Association of Forestry Research Institutions. http://dbapafri.org/detailResearcher3.cfm?id=1016. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "DEPARTMENT OF SEED SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY". Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. http://tnau.ac.in/seed/faculty.html. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Profile of Dr.K.Vanangamudi". Riddhi International. http://www.riddhionline.com/collections/general-books/products/e-learning-an-experience. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Profile of Dr.V.Mohan" (PDF). Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding. http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in/biodata/biodata_pdf/Mohan_ed.pdf. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Details of PhD Degree Awarded for the Workdone at IFGTB, Coimbatore". Forest Research Institute University. http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in/fri_university/fri_ph.d_awarded.html. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Profile of Dr. V. Sivakumar" (PDF). Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding. http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in/biodata/biodata_pdf/Sivakumar_ed.pdf. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Pursuing PhD Programme at IFGTB, Coimbatore". Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding. http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in/fri_university/fri_ph.d_pusuing.html. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Pool of Research Supervisior" (PDF). Bharathiar University. p. 7. http://www.b-u.ac.in/download/catb/guidelist_catb.pdf. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Best Breeder Award". Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJWfFjhX2g. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Forest College and Research Institute (FC&RI), Mettupalayam.
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore.
- Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Coimbatore.
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education, Dehradun.