Society of Accounting Education
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 10 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Society_of_Accounting_Education. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Society_of_Accounting_Education, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Society_of_Accounting_Education.
The Society of Accounting Education (SOAE) is a 'research oriented global administration body for Certified Financial Accountants'.
SOAE under licence issued by Registrar Joint Stock Companies, Government of Punjab, Pakistan has been established to promote comparative and international studies in the field of accountancy and Finance. SOAE is dynamic and forward thinking administration body who are actively involved in shaping the Profession.
The Society has international brand certification i.e. Certified Financial Accountant (CFAc). Salient benefits of Certified Financial Accountant Program include: Membership categories, with Practicing License, globally distributed, quarterly The Financial Accountant Journal, access to an international network of branches and with reciprocal affiliated bodies, continuing professional education (CPE) seminars, forums, conferences and lectures, networking opportunities at CPE in national and international events, SOAE has more than 14 MOUs with local and sound credible international institutes and universities, low educational cost as compare to CA/ACCA/ICMAP/CIMA, and online exams system.
Certifications awarded as per International standards are competency based, prior recognition of learning and on the academic achievements under the criteria defined in the bye-laws of the Society.
Objectives of the Society
- To promote the accounting education through increasing the knowledge, skills and proficiency of the organization’s members and students.
- To protect and promote the Organization’s welfare and interest.
- To develop and implement the means for testing the qualification of the candidates for admission to the Society.
- To maintain and advance the continued fitness and competency of members to practice accountancy by means of Continuing *Professional Education and Professional Development.
- To be informed of contemporary issues concerning to accounting and auditing standards, taxation updates, management consulting practices, financial planning, statutory regulations and topical concerns.
- To ensure that the members of the Society adhere to the highest international standards of professional expertise in knowledge, skills, judgement, decision making and integrity to protect and serve the interest of the public.
- This is the unique education program has been developed keeping in view the accounting issues / problems being faced practically in the private and public sector, therefore, Society will initially offer Certified Financial Accountant Program.
- The full memberships / designation will be awarded after analyzing curriculum vitae, including the educational background, professional and work experience of the applicant, as well as requests for prerequisite course exemptions, may be submitted to the President of the Society.
- The Society will award the Membership as Associate (ACFAc)/Fellow of Certified Financial Accountant (FCFAc).
- The Society will supervise and regulate the accountancy profession and to promote the highest standards of professional and business conduct, and to enhance the quality of services, offered by professional accountants in Pakistan.
- The Society will launch various certificate / diploma courses according to the market demand, time to time.
IFAC published CFAc First Convocation 2015
International Federation of Accountants covered CFAc First Convocation 2015 on their MOSAIC website http://www.ifac.org with headline. Pakistan: First Convocation of CFAc - Graduates Urged to Work Hard to Fill Gap of Professionals in Market. ICMAP designated acting President, Mr. Ziaul Mustafa Awan honoured the occasion as Chief Guest and conferred Medals and Certificates of Membership to SOAE graduates. Souvenir was presented to ICMAP Noble Chief Guest by SOAE President.
- International Association for Accounting Education & Research
- International Accounting Education Standards Board
- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan
- Central Superior Services of Pakistan
- Society's Coat-of-Arms is a rising sun and depicts spreading rays of knowledge.
- The Writer is an Associate Member of Certified Financial Accountant, a Silver Medal Winner from the Society.
- Society of Accounting Education: Dmoz Pakistan
- Objective. 2014. Objective. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.soae.edu.pk/new/index.php/home/objective. [Accessed 10 December 2014].
- PHU recognized by The Society of Accounting Education, Pakistan | Pebble Hills University - A Truly International University. 2014. PHU recognized by The Society of Accounting Education, Pakistan | Pebble Hills University - A Truly International University. [ONLINE] Available at: http://pebblehills.edu/newsandevents/phu-recognized-by-the-society-of-accounting-education-pakistan/. [Accessed 10 December 2014].
- News. 2014. News. [ONLINE] Available at: http://iicfip.org/index.php/news/. [Accessed 10 December 2014].
- Mission. 2014. Mission. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.hkaci.org/index.php/mission. [Accessed 10 December 2014].
- Financial Accountant Journals Released by The Society of Accounting Education
- Financial Accountant Journal. 2014. Financial Accountant Journal. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.soae.edu.pk/new/index.php/2014-09-05-21-22-51/financial-accountant-journal. [Accessed 10 December 2014].