- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 13 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Stephan_Kallee. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Stephan_Kallee, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Stephan_Kallee.
Stephan Kallee (born 1965 in Tübingen) is a German welding engineer.
Life and Work
Stephan Kallee was born in Tübingen in 1965 as son of the university professor Ekkehard Kallee and his wife Barbara Kallee, neé Weigmann. He learned Latin and Greek at the Uhland-Gymnasium in Tübingen, where he gained the abitur in 1985. He served as engine technician on the auxiliary ship Tender Main.
He studied mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Munich. After studies on elastohydrodynamic lubrication and laser-specific design of a car door, he wrote his diploma thesis about flexible and compliant systems in laser material processing. After obtaining his diploma, he became an International Welding Engineer at SLV Munich.
In May 1995, he started his career as Project Leader at TWI (The Welding Institute) in Cambridge, UK. He specialised in solid phase welding, i.e. welding without melting. He used proceses such as friction stir welding, rotary friction welding and linear friction welding. As Collaborative Project Manager he managed EC funded projects such as LinFric® (1.36 Mio €), EuroStir® (8.8 Mio €) und STEQ™. As Sector Manager he worked in business development in the automotive, railway, ship building, heavy engineering and aerospace sectors.
Since November 2008, he worked as Senior Sales Manager for 7½ years at PSTproducts GmbH in Alzenau. He focussed on the industrial application of the electromagnetic pulse techncology for welding, forming, crimping and cutting of metals. He also provided consultancy to companies, which wanted to invest in robotic MIG/MAG welding cells.
Since 2016, he is CSO of Stirtec GmbH in Premstätten near Graz in Austria and manages the sales of friction stir welding machines, friction stir spot welding guns, manufacturing cells, tools and manufacturing services. The company offers complete solutions from application development and prototyping until industrial production, especially for joining dissimilar materials.
Stephan Kallee stems from an academic family in Württemberg: His father Ekkehard Kallee was a professor for nuclear medicine at Tübingen University. His grandfather Albert Kallee was director of the Landgericht Stuttgart and expert for employment law. His great-grandfather Richard Kallee was Lutheran parish priest in Feuerbach and has discovered as local historian 102 alamannic sandstone cists in Feuerbach and documented 760 archaeological finds. The Kalleestraße in Stuttgart-Feuerbach is named after him. His great-great-grandfather, General Eduard von Kallee was probably an illegitimate son of King William I of Württemberg and devoted himself after an unusually steep military and diplomatic career to literary, artistic and archaeological studies, during which discovered several Roman sites along the Limes Germanicus.
Friction stir welding
- Friction stir welding of aluminium ships 2007 International Forum on Welding Technologies in the Shipping Industry (IFWT) during the Beijing Essen Welding and Cutting Fair in Shanghai, 16–19 June 2007.
- Application of innovative welding methods to prefabricate aluminium Panels. Speed at Sea, October 2004, page 23.
- Application of friction stir welding in the shipbuilding industry. Lightweight Construction – Latest Developments. The Royal Institution of Naval Architects, London, 24–25 February 2000.
Railway rolling stock
- Friction Stir Welding for the fabrication of aluminium rolling stock European Railway Review, issue 3, May 2008.
- Trends in the design and fabrication of rolling stock. European Railway Review, volume 13, issue 1, 2007.
- Railway rolling stock manufacturers implement friction stir welding. Welding Journal, October 2002.
- FSW - Process variants and developments in the automotive industry SAE World Congress, 3–7 April 2006, Detroit.
- Development and implementation of innovative joining processes in the automotive industry. Große Schweißtechnische Tagung, Essen, 12–14 September 2005.
- Friction and forge welding processes for the automotive industry IBEC, International Body Engineering Conference, Detroit, 28–30 September 1999.
- A flying success story for friction stir welding Connect, Nr. 122, January 2003, page 1.
- Industrialisation of friction stir welding for aerospace structures Structures and Technologies – Challenges for Future Launchers, 3rd European Conference, 11–14 December 2001, Strasbourg.
Linear friction welding
- Friction Welding of Aero Engine Components. 10th World Conference on Titanium Ti-2003, Hamburg, 13–18 July 2003.
Electromagnetic Pulse Technology
- LinFric®: Process.
- European industrialisation of friction stir welding.
- Giant contract causes a stir in Parliament. Connect, No 112, May 2001, p 1.
- STEQ™ - software for SMEs Connect, No 124, May 2003, page 6.
- Stephan Kallee at LinkedIn.
- Stephan Kallee at XING.
- Automated Systems at PSTproducts.
- Richard Wahl: Nachruf auf Professor Ekkehard Kallee, ein Pionier in seinem Fach. (pdf; 641 kB) Endokrinologie-Informationen, Mitteilungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Endokrinologie, volume 37 (2013), issue 1, page 11–12.
- Richard Wahl: Pionier der Insulin- und der Schilddrüsenerforschung – Zum Tode von Professor Dr. Ekkehard Kallee ein Nachruf. Newsletter Uni Tübingen aktuell No 1/2013 – 26 April 2013.
- G. W.: Ein liebenswerter Menschner Jurist – Verabschiedung von Landgerichtsdirektor Dr. Kallee. In: Heilbronner Stimme. Saturday 12 May 1951.
- Heinz Krämer: Fertig Feuerbach! Richard Kallee, Pfarrer und Geschichtsforscher, DRW Verlag, Leinfelden-Echterdingen, 2004, ISBN 3-87181-016-9.