- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 24 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Telik. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Telik, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Telik.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
Template:Advertisement oooh, orphan
Telik, Inc. is an American biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing novel small molecule drugs to treat cancer and other serious diseases. It is located in Palo Alto, CA.
Telik, Inc. began as a clinical-stage drug development company in Delaware in 1988. It focused on discovering and developing small molecule drugs to treat cancer. It discovered the product candidates using its proprietary drug discovery technology, Target-Related Affinity Profiling, or TRAP, which they believe enables the rapid and efficient discovery of small molecule product candidates.
Products & Services
The products & Services of Telik, Inc. focused on small molecule drugs to treat cancer. The company's business strategy is to: • Establish FDA concurrence on the trial design of a Phase-3 registration study for TELINTRA. • Establish partnerships with a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company to assist in further development and commercialization of Telintra and other pipeline candidates. • Utilize its proprietary TRAP drug discovery platform to provide a pipeline of future product development candidates to address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
Michael M. Wick, M.D., Ph.D. currently serves as the CEO of the company. Here is a list of Telik, Inc.'s senior officers and directors:
- Michael M. Wick, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of the Board, CEO
- Edward W. Cantrall, Ph.D., President, Former Vice President of Operations, Lederle Laboratories
- Steven R. Goldring, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer - Research Administration, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Richard B. Newman, Esq.,President and Chief Executive Officer, D&R Products Co., Inc.
According to the mysmartrend.com, shares of Telik rank the lowest in terms of Beta in the Biotechnology Industry (TELK, AVXL, ENMD, MYRX, ROSG)