The Beck Group
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 18 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Beck_Group. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Beck_Group, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Beck_Group.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (March 2015)
The Beck Group is a full-service builder that offers architecture, construction, real estate development and sustainable design and consulting, as well as finance and technology services. The company is based in Dallas, Texas and also has offices in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, Mexico City, San Antonio, and Tampa.
The Beck Group was founded as a general contractor in Houston in 1912 and opened its Dallas office in 1924. Starting in the 1990s the construction company started adding other services, such as design and real estate development. They also began to develop a proprietary software which would provide immediate costs for buildings as they were modeled in the schematic design phase. In 1999, the company merged with Urban Architecture, a regional design firm. Presently, the company is headquartered in the Arts District of Downtown Dallas at the Southwestern Life Insurance Building designed by George Dahl.
The Beck Group serves a wide range of industries, including corporate, healthcare, entertainment, religious, and education, with sustainability as an emphasis. They also provide services based on the use of their software product, D-Profiler and also offer it as a product for purchase.
Projects by The Beck Group
- AT&T Pinnacle Park – Dallas, Texas (Integrated: Architecture, Construction, Development)
- One Atlantic Center – Atlanta, Georgia (Construction)
- Baylor University Sciences Building – Waco, Texas (Integrated: Construction, Development Management)
- Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative - Waco, Texas (Construction)
- Disney Corporate Headquarters – Burbank, California (Construction)
- Duke University Basketball Practice Facility – Durham, North Carolina (Integrated: Architecture, Construction, Programming)
- The Domain – Austin, Texas (Construction)
- Fellowship Church - Grapevine, Texas (construction of both the original main facility and the bookstore expansion; in addition, Beck also renovated the facility now hosting its Downtown Dallas campus)
- Fidelity Investments Regional Center – Westlake, Texas (Construction)
- Firewheel Town Center – Garland, Texas (Integrated: Architect of Record, Construction)
- Fountain Place – Dallas, Texas (Construction)
- Hunt Corporate Headquarters – Dallas, Texas (Architecture)
- Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art – Los Angeles, California (Construction)
- Mary Kay Headquarters – Dallas, Texas (Construction)
- The Nasher Sculpture Center – Dallas, Texas (Integrated: Associate Architect of Record, Construction)
- RadioShack Headquarters – Fort Worth, Texas (Construction)
- Southlake Town Square – Southlake, Texas (Integrated: Architect of Record, Construction)
- Texas Motor Speedway – Fort Worth, Texas (Construction)
- USAA Southeast Regional Office – Tampa, Florida (Construction)
- Victory Lofts – Tampa, Florida (Integrated: Architecture, Construction, Development, Media)
- Victory Plaza at Victory Park – Dallas, Texas (Construction)