- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:The_Bloc. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Bloc, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/The_Bloc.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
The Bloc is a health creative engagement agency based in New York. Founded by Susan Miller Viray and Rico Viray as The CementWorks in 2000, The Bloc is also a founding member of Indigenus, the largest independent global network of health and wellness communication companies.
The Bloc offers services to health and wellness clients looking to build relationships with their customers. These services include strategy, branding, and relationship marketing for US and global audiences. In addition to developing communications for healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers, The Bloc also drives brand access and reimbursement through its payer service offering, The Bloc Value Builders.
The Bloc is the publisher of HealthWellNext, an online thought leadership platform and twice-yearly print publication.
The Bloc was founded as The CementWorks in 2000 by husband and wife team Susan Miller Viray and Rico Viray in their New York apartment. In 2008, the company expanded to four agencies built on the principle of small entrepreneur-based companies: The CementWorks, The IronWorks, The StoneWorks, and The CementBond. In 2010, the four companies merged to form The CementBloc. In 2015, its leaders announced that the company had changed its name to The Bloc.
In 2014, The Bloc was recognized by Advertising Health as the #3 healthcare agency worldwide. Additionally, the company developed three of the top ten most-awarded campaigns of the year—for Giazo, Girls Right of Way, and Happy Fuel. In 2013 and 2014, The Bloc was the most-awarded healthcare agency in the United States, recognized by CLIO Healthcare, The Creative Floor, The Global Awards, IPA Best of Health, Med Ad News, MM&M, PM360, The Rx Club, and DTC National Advertising Awards.
In 2012, founding partner Susan Miller Viray was named “Industry Person of the Year” by Med Ad News.
The Bloc is a founding member of Indigenus LLC, a global network of independent health and wellness communication companies with offices in 16 developed and emerging markets:
- Insight, Australia
- Thanks, Brasil
- CPC Canada
- Strategik & Numerik, France
- Serviceplan Health & Life, Germany
- Sorento, India
- Thenewway, Italy
- pharMa International, Japan
- Marketing Latino, Mexico
- Insight, New Zealand
- Healthway, Poland
- Umbilical, Spain
- Lindh & Partners, Sweden
- gHealthcare, Turkey
- Life healthcare, UK
- The Bloc, USA
- "Networks: Indigenus Network LLC". Med Ad News. April 2015. http://www.medadnews-digital.com/medadnews/april_2015#pg165. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Top 100 Agencies 2015: The CementBloc". http://www.mmm-online.com/top-100-agencies/top-100-agencies-2015-the-cementbloc/article/423306/. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Lewis, Tanya (June 15, 2009). "The Top 75: The CementBloc". Medical Marketing & Media. http://www.mmm-online.com/the-top-75-the-cementbloc/article/139120/. Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "The Top 75 The CementBloc". http://www.mmm-online.com/features/the-top-75-the-cementbloc/article/173701/. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "The CementBloc Celebrates 15 Years in Business and Announces Plans for Its Next Phase of Growth". PR Newswire. July 2015. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-cementbloc-celebrates-15-years-in-business-and-announces-plans-for-its-next-phase-of-growth-300116880.html. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "The first ever Advertising Health ‘World Top 10′ results announced.". advertising health. http://advertisinghealth.co.uk/first-ever-advertising-health-world-top-10-results-announced/. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Top 100 Agencies 2015: The CementBloc.". Top 100 Agencies 2015: The CementBloc.. http://www.mmm-online.com/top-100-agencies/top-100-agencies-2015-the-cementbloc/article/423306/.
- "Clio Awards 2013.". http://www.cliohealthcare.com/winners/2013/digital/?awd=all&cat=all&cmp=The%20CementBloc. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Clio Awards 2014". http://www.cliohealthcare.com/winners/2014/digital/?awd=all&cat=all&cmp=The%20CementBloc%7C%7CNew%20York. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "The Creative Floor Healthcare Awards: 2014 Winners.". http://thecreativefloor.com/awards/2014/. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "The Global Awards". http://www.theglobalawards.com/winners/2013/. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "The Global Awards". http://www.theglobalawards.com/winners/2014/. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Winners 2013". http://www.bestofhealthshow.com/2013. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Med Ad News – April 2013". http://www.medadnews-digital.com/medadnews/april_2013#pg74. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Med Ad News – April 2014". http://www.medadnews-digital.com/medadnews/april_2014#pg64. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Medical Marketing Media Book of the Night 2013". http://editiondigital.net/publication/frame.php?i=176806&p=&pn=&ver=flex. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Medical Marketing Media Book of the Night 2014". http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=226950. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "2013 Trailblazer Awards | PM360". http://www.pm360online.com/2013-trailblazerawards/?GTTabs=11. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "2014 Trailblazer | PM360". http://www.pm360online.com/2014-trailblazer/. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "THE RX CLUB". http://www.therxclub.com/rx_archives.php?selcat=&year=2013. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "THE RX CLUB". http://www.therxclub.com/rx_current.php?viewtype=award. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- "Announcing Winners of the 2014 DTC National Ad Awards | DTC Perspectives". http://www.dtcperspectives.com/dtc-awards/announcing-winners-of-the-2014-dtc-national-ad-awards.html. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- News, UBM Canon; Med Ad. "Med Ad News Honors Healthcare Communication Agencies at 23rd Annual Manny Awards". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/med-ad-news-honors-healthcare-communication-agencies-at-23rd-annual-manny-awards-148962445.html. Retrieved 2015-07-28.