Tim Deegan (meteorologist)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 7 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Tim_Deegan_(meteorologist). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tim_Deegan_(meteorologist), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tim_Deegan_(meteorologist).
Tim Deegan, at the second annual 26.2 with Donna, being interviewed by 2Alive's Nick Lulli
Timothy William Deegan|
October 26, 1959
|Notable credit(s)||Evening Weather Anchor/Chief Meteorologist for WTLV/WJXX|
Donna Deegan (2002 - )
Timothy William "Tim" Deegan (born October 26, 1959) is currently the chief meteorologist for First Coast News on television stations WTLV/WJXX in Jacksonville, Florida. Deegan presents the weather segments on First Coast News, weeknights at 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm and 11:00pm. 
Born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas, Tim graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas with a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology. He was an avid surfer in college, taking several trips to Baja California to take on the waves there.
Deegan's first weatherman job was with station KBTX-TV when he was still in college. The show was Good Morning, Bryan & College Station where he gave the weather forecast beginning at 5:30am. At the end of the show each day, Tim went off to class.
When Tim Deegan started at WTLV in 1982, he was 22 years old with blond hair and he loved to surf. Deegan originally started at WTLV as the main weather anchor for the station's morning show, "Good Morning Jacksonville." He became the station's Chief Meteorologist in 1986.
Tim has 3 children (Shawn, Emily & Corryn) with his previous wife, Kathleen,  who has primary custody in Davis, California. He occasionally mentions them in his daily weather segment.
Tim is currently married to the former Donna Hicken. Tim and Donna married in 2002. Donna did not change her stage name to Deegan until October 29, 2007, which coincided with a complete graphics package change for the News department.
The couple resides at Jacksonville Beach.
On Saturday November 2, 2013, Tim Deegan was arrested on DUI charges in Jacksonville Beach and was absent for more than a month from his meteorological duties following his arrest. The report says he told officers he had two beers at a birthday party and was returning home. An inventory of the car found three empty Budweiser cans, a full, unopened beer can in the passenger seat and a half-full 16-ounce can, cold to the touch, in the driver console, covered by a Texas A&M ball cap. Deegan returned to the television station’s 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. newscasts on December 30, 2013. Deegan resolved the case by pleading no contest to the charge and accepting 12 months probation. He also agreed to have his license suspended six months. In addition, Deegan agreed to perform 50 hours of community service, pay $1,031 in court costs and attend a DUI class.
- "First Coast News Tim Deegan Bio". First Coast News. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/inside/bios/news-article.aspx?storyid=51584. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "List of Certified Broadcast Meteorologists". American Meteorological Society. http://www.ametsoc.org/memdir/seallist/get_listofcbm.cfm. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- First Coast News: Sept 5, 2007-Vintage Tim Deegan
- Florida Times-Union: June 16, 1999-A weatherman checks the weather
- "Property ownership record" Duval County Property Appraiser, June 14, 2011