Tony Nicholson (entrepreneur)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 28 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Tony_Nicholson_(entrepreneur). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tony_Nicholson_(entrepreneur), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tony_Nicholson_(entrepreneur).
|Known for||4 Point Fitness|
Tony Nicholson is a British Personal Trainer and Coach to CEO’s & Athletes in China. Nicholson has worked with many notable people globally, including Apple CEO Tim Cook, US Ambassador Gary Locke, Yao Ming, Pan Shiyi and Zhang Xin. Tony is known for his Health & Wellness contributions in China. His own body transformation in 2010 has been the impetus by which audiences have connected and been inspired to work on their own personal transformations.
Nicholson was born to a British mother and a Brazilian father. He spent the first thirteen years of his life in Oman, where his father coached swimming and football teams. He later finished his education at a military school in the UK known as the Royal Hospital School. At the Royal Hospital School, Nicholson was awarded a scholarship to study at Hotchkiss, a boarding school in the United States.
Beginnings in China
At 19, Nicholson enrolled in Chaozhou college, located in provincial Guangzhou. At Chaozhou, Nicholson was the only foreign student out of a student body of nearly 13,000. After obtaining his degree, Nicholson took a job teaching basic English to workers at a cup factory. In 2007, he moved to Beijing to enroll in the Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Study at Tsinghua University. After three years of Chinese Language Studies, Nicholson went to the University of International Business and Economics to study Chinese Business.
Transition into fitness
In 2009, Nicholson’s family came under severe hardship when his father suffered a heart attack and later died. He began working long hour jobs to cope with the grief, which negatively impacted his health and left him suffering from depression. Feeling overwhelmed, Nicholson entered the Beijing 12-Week Body Transformation Challenge to make a change. At the end of the 12 weeks, Nicholson was picked out of 50 contestants and won the Grand Prize of 100,000 Chinese Renmenbi, which empowered Nicholson to launch a career in fitness. His inspiration came from educators such as Tony Robbins and Stedman Graham.
After earning American and British Personal Trainer certifications, Nicholson started his own fitness company in China called 4 Point Fitness. Among his fitness achievements, Nicholson has been a certified official for the world record attempt at the plank for 9 hours, 11 minutes & 1 second.
- "《超体能健身》：英国青年Tony Nicholson的奋斗史_手机搜狐网". http://m.sohu.com/a/130120260_509769/?pvid=000115_3w_a. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "一线地产大亨投行大佬、创业新贵争相学习的高端私教课程". https://www.douban.com/note/524406651/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "WAB Athletes Train with Apple CEO Tim Cook". https://www.wab.edu/connect/news/news-articles/~post/wab-athletes-train-with-apple-ceo-tim-cook-20160831. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Flynn, Kerry. "Apple will build new research center in China, Tim Cook says during visit". https://mashable.com/2016/08/16/apple-china-center/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Horwitz, Josh; Horwitz, Josh. "Tim Cook is back in China, this time for wedding dresses and fitness classes". https://qz.com/759102/tim-cook-is-back-in-china-this-time-for-wedding-dresses-and-fitness-classes/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Real Talk - Tony Nicholson: The Health and Fitness Trainer to CEOs and Athletes in China". 18 August 2017. http://dragongroup.asia/china-athletes-ceo-health-fitness/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "A Conversation with 4PointFitness Founder, Tony Nicholson". 23 April 2018. https://postmannews.com/a-conversation-with-4pointfitness-founder-tony-nicholson/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Fitness transformation stories to inspire you: Tony Nicholson - News Patrolling". http://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/english/news+patrolling-epaper-newspatr/fitness+transformation+stories+to+inspire+you+tony+nicholson-newsid-86339784. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Meet Tony Nicholson". http://4pointfitness.com/about/meet-tony-nicholson/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Britons in China". https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110107154153oe_/http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-the-uk/about-uk/brits-in-china/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- McIntosh, Linda. "Retired Marine breaks world record...again". https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/communities/north-county/sd-no-plank-20161114-story.html. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "12-Week Body Transformation Challenge Winners". http://lumdimsum.com/2010/10/23/12-week-body-transformation-challenge-winners/. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Gladiator Back Workout - Tony Nicholson - Mike OHearn at The MECCA". http://videoigr.info/onlain/lopUm9RNWw2WEx5RW8. Retrieved 26 February 2019.