- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 18 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Traxo. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Traxo, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Traxo.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2017)
Traxo is an online travel service that detects and organizes personal travel information, including itineraries, loyalty account balances, and expiration dates, from over 190 travel sources. Traxo is free for users and is supported by an advertising business model. In 2013, the company was ranked as a "Hot Startup" by Entrepreneur, and as of October 2013, the company has raised approximately $1.5 million in seed money and a $4.2 million Series A.
Andres Fabris first conceived of Traxo in 2003 while attending Harvard Business School. He began designing a dashboard-style travel organization service with Andy Chen and Richard Pendergast, whom he had met while working at Travelocity.
The earliest prototype of Traxo was a simple travel aggregator that sent out alerts when a user’s travels overlapped with the travels of other members. The site was well received in the travel technology community, and was described as having “all the makings of a useful, intuitive, and most of all, easy site for travelers,” by travel writer Christopher Elliott.
In 2010, Traxo integrated with travel recommendation website UpTake. This partnership was one of the first developments in a series of strategies aimed at branding Traxo as more than just a proximity alert tool. In 2010, the company also introduced the Traxo Loyalty Tracker, a service that keeps track of hotel, airline, and car rental reward balances, and it became the first travel site to display this information on the same dashboard with a user's frequent flier miles and travel itinerary.
In 2011, the company launched the Traxo Travel Score, “the official measure of one’s overall travel experience.” The company later integrated with TripIt, Gowalla, and Foursquare in an effort to provide customers with an easy way to get credit for past travels and increase their scores.
In 2012, Traxo announced the acquisition of frequent flier miles tracker GoMiles.com.
In 2013, Traxo announced a $4.2m Series A strategic investment from Advantage Capital Partners, Silver Creek Ventures and Thayer Ventures.
The website’s various services include:
- Traxo Loyalty Tracker - keeps track of airline, hotel, and car rental reward balances. This information is organized on the dashboard next to the trip itinerary.
- Traxo Travel Trophies – users earn “trophies” for states, countries, and continents they visit in their travels.
- Traxo Travel Score – calculated score between 1 and 100. Users with higher scores are rewarded with travel-related deals such as free flights, discount rental cars, and hotel specials.
- Traxo Express Access – streamlines linking to all of a user's loyalty account information.
- Traxo Verified Reviews - the industry's first comprehensive "verified reviews" platform for flights and hotels, designed to block fakers.
- Traxo For Business - API and White Label for simplified open booking and expense reporting, as well as enhanced customer service.
Awards and Recognition
- May 2009—Traxo named as a Facebook Fund Finalist.
- Dec 2010—Traxo named "Most Promising" venture at Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Dec 2012—Traxo Wins Vator Splash NY.
- Jan 2013—Traxo named “Hot Startup” by Entrepreneur.
- Jan 2013—Traxo accepted to Bay Area Entrepreneur Workshop.
- Elliott, Christopher. "Exclusive: For an authentic social networking experience, try Traxo". Christopher Elliott. http://www.elliott.org/blog/exclusive-for-an-authentic-social-networking-experience-try-traxo/. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Robbins, McLean. "Traxo launches "Travel Score," a points-based rewards system for travelers". Gadling. http://www.gadling.com/2011/06/20/traxo-launches-travel-score-a-points-based-rewards-system-for. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Surjaputra, Stephanus. "What we’re reading: Airbus grounds planes, European Travel Commission contest, Traxo launches Travel Score". Consumer Traveler. http://www.consumertraveler.com/today/what-were-reading-airbus-grounds-planes-european-travel-commission-contest-traxo-launches-travel-score. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "What’s Your Travel Score?". Travel & Leisure. http://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-blog/carry-on/2011/6/22/whats-your-travel-score. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Schaal, Dennis. "Loyalty tracking shakeout? Traxo acquires GoMiles". Skift. http://skift.com/2012/09/25/loyalty-tracking-shakeout-traxo-acquires-gomiles/. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Hot Startups Born in Dallas: Traxo". Entrepreneur.com. http://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/225459#1. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Lomas, Natasha. "Traxo Acquires Frequent Flyer Tracker, GoMiles, To Beef Up Its Travel Organization Suite". TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2012/09/25/traxo-acquires-frequent-flyer-tracker-gomiles-to-beef-up-its-travel-organization-suite/. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Traxo". CrunchBase. http://www.crunchbase.com/company/traxo. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- O'Neill, Sean (2 October 2013). "Traxo lands $4.2 million, boosting the travel organizer service". Tnooz. http://www.tnooz.com/article/traxo-raises-4-2m-series/. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Vosters, Mike. "Traxo: The Mint.com for Travel". Techli. http://techli.com/2011/07/traxo-the-mint-com-for-travel/. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Traxo.com". Thrillist. http://www.thrillist.com/dallas/traxo. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Traxo Launches Social Travel Service". Travel Technology News. http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/traxo-launches-social-travel-service/. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Traxo LLC". Manta. http://www.manta.com/c/mw2bbc9/traxo-llc. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Taylor, Colleen. "Meet Uptake: The biggest travel site you’ve never heard of". Gigaom. http://gigaom.com/2011/11/09/uptake-travel-facebook-app/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo Launches Loyalty Tracker with Sweepstakes". Travel Pulse. http://www.travelpulse.com/traxo-launches-loyalty-tracker-with-sweepstakes.html. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Ling, P.. "Saving Miles With the Traxo Loyalty Tracker". UpTake. http://travel-industry.uptake.com/blog/2010/06/11/traxo-loyalty-tracker/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Web buzz: Traxo.com keeps track of frequent-flier miles". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/23/travel/la-tr-webbuzz-20100523. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo goes the extra mile with loyalty tracker". Tnooz. http://www.tnooz.com/2010/05/17/news/traxo-goes-the-extra-mile-with-loyalty-tracker/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo integrates TripIt — Is the travel industry crazy?". Tnooz. http://www.tnooz.com/2011/08/03/news/traxo-integrates-tripit-is-the-travel-industry-crazy. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo integrates UpTake content, tries to trip-up TripIt". Tnooz. http://www.tnooz.com/2010/01/14/news/traxo-integrates-uptake-content-tries-to-trip-up-tripit/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo Launches New Travel Trophies Feature". Launch DFW. http://launchdfw.com/news/traxo-launches-new-travel-trophies-feature/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Cummings, Corey. "Traxo Beefs Up Social Travel, Gives Targeted Deals To Deserving Globetrotters". Techli. http://techli.com/2012/07/traxo-social-travel-network/. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- Clark, Jenna (13 Nov 2013). "Business Travels With Traxo". http://launchdfw.com/news/business-travels-with-traxo/.
- "fbFund 2009 Top 50 Finalists". Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/notes/fbfund/fbfund-2009-top-50-finalists/84440649573. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Most Promising I.T. and Web Companies Announced at 8th Annual Rice Alliance I.T. and Web Venture Forum". Rice Alliance. http://alliance.rice.edu/RA2011_2Column.aspx?id=779. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo has won Vator Splash NY!". VatorNews. http://vator.tv/news/2012-12-05-traxo-has-won-vator-splash-ny. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- "Traxo Secures Investment from Bay Area Entrepreneurs Workshop". PR Newswire. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/traxo-secures-investment-from-bay-area-entrepreneurs-workshop-189180171.html. Retrieved 3 April 2013.