- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 22 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Trevor_Boffone. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Trevor_Boffone, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Trevor_Boffone.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2019)'Original short description: "author and scholar of Latinx theatre"
Trevor Boffone is an American author and scholar of Latinx theatre. In addition to his scholarly work, he is the founder of the 50 Playwrights Project, co-founder of the Sin Muros Theatre Festival, as well as a member of the Latinx Theatre Commons National Steering Committee.
Boffone obtained a B.A. in Spanish from Loyola University and an M.A. in Hispanic Studies from Villanova University. He completed his Ph.D. in Latinx Theatre and Literature at University of Houston. His thesis, Eastside Latinidad, examined the community impact of Josefina López and her CASA 0101 Theatre on the L.A. suburb of Boyle Heights.
Boffone is heavily engaged in the Latinx Theatre Commons. The commons is an online community for Latinx theatre scholarship, coordination and community-building. Boffone serves as an editor for the site's online scholarly publishing, Cafe Onda, as well as a member of its steering committee. The commons, with input from its steering committee, is responsible for regular theatre festivals around the country, as well as grants and exposure for upcoming Latinx dramaturges.
He currently is an adjunct professor at the University of Houston in Women's and Gender Studies, Theatre and Spanish.
50 Playwrights Project
Started in 2016, Boffone's 50 Playwrights Project began as an attempt to increase exposure for unknown playwrights in the Latinx community. In addition to its original list of playwrights, the site now curates a list of unproduced plays by Latinx playwrights. More recently, the site started hosting other resources for Latinx dramaturges, as well as showcases and interviews for individual playwrights and actors in the community. In 2018, the project added eight new plays to its list of best unproduced plays.
Sin Muros Theatre Festival
Boffone helped create and coordinates the Sin Muros Theatre Festival, a three day festival of local Latinx productions and readings at the Stages Repertory Theatre, in Houston, Texas. The goal of the festival is to encourage collaboration, networking and production in the local Latinx theatre community. In 2018, the festival schedule showcased a production of Purple Eyes and over 10 hours of workshops and group readings. In 2019, the festival with be four days long, and will showcase WET: A DACAmented Journey as its major production.
In 2019, Northwestern University Press is scheduled to publish Encuentro: Latinx Performance for the New American Theater, a curated selection of plays from the 2014 Encuentro Theatre Festival. Boffone is co-editing the book along with Teresa Marrero and Chantal Rodriguez, one of the founders of the festival.
- "50 Playwrights Project - Staff" (in en). 2017-11-02. https://50playwrights.org/about-2/staff/.
- Gaines, Tarra. "Dream Fest: Stages Repertory Theater Launches Sin Muros: A Latina/o Theatre Festival – Arts & Culture Texas" (in en-US). http://artsandculturetx.com/dream-fest-stages-repertory-theater-launches-sin-muros-a-latinao-theatre-festival/.
- "Howlround - Trevor Boffone" (in en). https://howlround.com/commons/trevor-boffone.
- Boffone, Trevor. "University of Houston Library - Electronic Theses and DIssertations". https://uh-ir.tdl.org/uh-ir/handle/10657/2132.
- "Latinx Theatre Commons" (in en). https://howlround.com/latinx-theatre-commons.
- "The 50 Playwrights Project: Houston Scholar Launches Project to Promote Race, Gender Equity in Theater" (in en-US). 2016-09-06. http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2016/09/the-50-playwrights-project-houston-scholar-launches-project-to-promote-race-gender-equity-in-theater/.
- "50 Playwrights Project - About" (in en). 2016-02-14. https://50playwrights.org/about-2/.
- Stories, Local. "Meet Trevor Boffone of 50 Playwrights Project in Montrose - Voyage Houston Magazine | Houston City Guide" (in en-US). http://voyagehouston.com/interview/meet-trevor-boffone-50-playwrights-project-montrose/.
- Editors, American Theatre (2018-03-06). "50PP Recommends 8 More Unproduced Latinx Plays" (in en-US). https://www.americantheatre.org/2018/03/06/50pp-recommends-8-more-unproduced-latinx-plays/.
- "Sin Muros: A Latinx Theatre Festival". http://www.stagestheatre.com/Online//default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::article_id=1B0B0C96-8D02-457D-BB61-08BBEE7B0E9F&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=undefined.
- "Encuentro | Northwestern University Press". http://www.nupress.northwestern.edu/content/encuentro.