- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 29 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:UPROXX. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/UPROXX, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/UPROXX.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:COI Template:Unreliable sources Advertising? UPROXX is a digital media company and blog network focused on linking web culture and traditional entertainment. UPROXX.com is one of the largestTemplate:Peacock-term destinations on the web targeted to the hard to reach male 18-34 consumer and ranks in the top 100 sites in US across all demographics.Template:Failed verification[no citations needed here]
UPROXX was founded in 2008 by Jarret Myer and Brian Brater, who both also co-founded Rawkus Records and Big Fra.me. They created UPROXX “after realizing well written, well produced blogs were far more interesting than anything else going on in the entertainment industry” and formed the site with the owners of With Leather, Flim Drunk, Rawkus and five others.
In April 2014, UPROXX was acquired by Woven Digital and co-founder Jarret Myer, joined Woven as General Manager of Publishing.  UPROXX acquired Dime Magazine, in January 2015, to expand the sports division of the site.
In January 2015, UPROXX debuted Luminaries, an original video series featuring the stories of young inventors. In March 2015, the entertainment news site launched The Desk, its first daily ‘news’ show along with the second episode of Luminaries.
- "Top Ranking International Websites". Quantcast.com. 2015-04-04. https://www.quantcast.com/top-sites. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Follow up: My Chat with Founder of Uproxx Media". Tomcheredar.com. 2008-10-15. http://tomcheredar.com/2008/10/15/follow-up-my-chat-with-founder-of-uproxx-media/. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- Spangler, Todd (17 April 2014). "Showbiz Site Uproxx Acquired by Guy-Focused Digital Media Firm Woven". Variety. http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/showbiz-site-uproxx-acquired-by-guy-focused-digital-media-firm-woven-1201158843/.
- Shields, Mike (April 17, 2014). "The Edgy Male-Targeted Digital Media Company Woven Acquires Uproxx". Wall Street Journal. http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2014/04/17/the-edgy-male-targeted-digital-media-company-woven-acquires-uproxx/. Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- Gutelle, Sam (2015-01-16). "Uproxx Debuts 'Luminaries', Its First Original Web Series". Tubefilter.com. http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/01/16/uproxx-woven-digital-luminaries-hp/. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- Jarvey, Natalie (2015-03-16). "Uproxx Launches Daily News Show 'The Desk' (Exclusive)". Hollywoodreporter.com. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/uproxx-launches-daily-news-show-781635. Retrieved 2015-04-29.