- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:VIMBY. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/VIMBY, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/VIMBY.
On this platform, the content producers live and work in cities worldwide, and are said to be connected by a digital infrastructure.
On October 11, 2007, VIMBY launched as a destination website and publisher dedicated to local market lifestyle content from the top 20 U.S. media markets. Focused on the demo, VIMBY released multiple videos daily celebrating music, fashion, nightlife, action sports, car culture, and more.
In 2010, television producer Mark Burnett invested in VIMBY and this partnership rebranded VIMBY as a content marketing studio for brands. VIMBY entered into a 4-year partnership with Walmart, which included a local grocery campaign with nearly 2000 television spots in 85 markets and 4 markets and 4 languages. The company''s major partnerships include the ones with McDonald's and VSA Partners.
After MGM purchased Mark Burnett’s company, VIMBY partnered with the studio. However in 2016, VIMBY and MGM agreed to a deal whereby VIMBY became independently owned and operated by its founding partners.
In 2016, VIMBY financed an awarding-winning short-film, Rita, which was directed by Ron Torres.
- Hagey, Keach (2014-07-14). "Hearst Launching Cosmopolitan-Branded Online Video Service" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. http://www.wsj.com/articles/hearst-launching-cosmopolitan-branded-online-video-service-1405370646.
- "3 Agencies You've Never Heard of That Handle Walmart, BK, Pepsi" (in en-US). http://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/3-agencies-youve-never-heard-handle-walmart-bk-pepsi-157744/#/.
- "VIMBY Appoints Damien S. Navarro as New President" (in en-US). https://martechseries.com/content-marketing/content-marketing-content-marketing/vimby-appoints-damien-s-navarro-new-president/.
- "Mark Burnett, Vimby Ink Partnership" (in en-US). http://www.adweek.com/digital/mark-burnett-vimby-ink-partnership-115115/.
- "Social-Media Focused Youtoo TV Replaces AmericanLife Net | Multichannel" (in en). http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/social-media-focused-youtoo-tv-replaces-americanlife-net/361432.
- Braxton, Greg; Flint, Joe (2011-10-17). "Would you like TV with that Big Mac?" (in en-US). Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/17/entertainment/la-et-mcdonalds-channel-20111017.
- Team, The Deadline (2011-10-17). "L.A. Times: McDonald's TV Readies Launch" (in en-US). Deadline. http://deadline.com/2011/10/l-a-times-mcdonalds-tv-readies-launch-183736/.
- "https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2012/03/16/mark-burnett-takes-youtoo-stake.html". https://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2012/03/16/mark-burnett-takes-youtoo-stake.html.
- "Mark Burnett partners for branded content" (in en). The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-burnett-partners-branded-content-22430.
- "The Power Of Local: Four Lessons From Walmart’s Playbook". http://www.cmo.com/features/articles/2015/4/14/the-power-of-local-four-keys-to-winning-with-custom-content.html#gs.eu3Ot9M.
- "McDonald's Wants Diners to Stay Longer | Convenience Store News" (in en). https://csnews.com/mcdonalds-wants-diners-stay-longer.
- "Kleenex Provides A Use Case For Its Product With This Weepy Ad About A Dog In A Wheelchair" (in en-US). Fast Company. 2015-06-30. https://www.fastcompany.com/3048080/kleenex-provides-a-use-case-for-its-product-with-this-weepy-ad-about-a-dog-in-a-wheelchair.
- "Chance, the Wheelchair-Bound Dog, Will Inspire You to Tears in This Kleenex Ad" (in en-US). http://www.adweek.com/creativity/chance-wheelchair-bound-dog-will-inspire-you-tears-kleenex-ad-165647/.
- "A NICU Nurse Meets the Babies She Saved in This Viral Tearjerker From Kleenex" (in en-US). http://www.adweek.com/creativity/nicu-nurse-meets-babies-she-saved-viral-tearjerker-kleenex-167313/.
- "How the Reality TV King Created 11 Popular Shows and Counting" (in en-US). http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/how-reality-tv-king-created-11-popular-shows-and-counting-164157/.
- release, Zions Bank press. "Pocatello native's documentary honored at Sun Valley Film Festival" (in en). Idaho State Journal. https://idahostatejournal.com/news/local/pocatello-native-s-documentary-honored-at-sun-valley-film-festival/article_5a571517-4e9f-5de6-bfda-8c5a3239caeb.html.
- Chmielewski, Dawn C. (2011-10-31). "Reinventing online ads" (in en-US). Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/31/business/la-fi-ct-vimby-20111019.