- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 9 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vic_Gerami. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vic_Gerami, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vic_Gerami.
Original short description: "American journalist"
Vic Gerami is an American journalist, LGBT activist, and columnist based in Los Angeles, California. He is the host and producer of the radio show The Blunt Post with Vic and the editor and publisher of The Blunt Post.
A noted columnist, Gerami is also a journalist and media contributor who is also publisher and editor of The Blunt Post.
Today reaching national international audiences, Gerami first built a foundation of knowledge and skills by learning the media industry during his years at Frontiers Magazine, followed by positions at LA Weekly and Voice Media Group. For the second time, Gerami was selected as a finalist in the Los Angeles Press Club’s National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards “Columnist of the Year” category in 2019, having first made the final round of consideration in 2017. His celebrity Q&A column, ‘10 Questions with Vic‘ is internationally syndicated.
Gerami is a contributor to the LGBTQ San Diego County News, Windy City Times, Houston Voice, DC Life Magazine, Out & About Nashville, Q Virginia, GNI MAG, QNotes, GoWeHo, Asbarez, The California Courier, Desert Daily Guide, Armenian Weekly, GED,The Pride LA, IN Magazine, Out Traveler, The Fight Magazine and The Advocate Magazine, among others.
He spent six years at Frontiers, followed by LA Weekly and Voice Media Group. His syndicated celebrity Questions & Answer column, 10 Questions with Vic, was a finalist for LA Press Club's National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Award in 2017.
In 2009, Gerami was noted in The Wall Street Journal as a "leading gay activist in West Hollywood" opposed Prop 8 and advocate for marriage equality and the Los Angeles Blade. He was on the planning committee of Resist March 2017 and is a founding board member of Equality Armenia.
In 2015, he was noted in the landmark Supreme court lawsuit, Obergefell v. Hodges,[no citations needed here] in which the Court held in a 5–4 decision that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Gerami is a member of the team at You Matter-Not Alone, a charitable organization dedicated to suicide prevention and suicide awareness.
- "INDEPENDENT RADIO KPFK ANNOUNCES DEBUT of ‘THE BLUNT POST WITH VIC’ NOW on MONDAYS at 7 a.m. with HOST VIC GERAMI" (in en-US). 2020-03-05. https://thebluntpost.com/independent-radio-kpfk-announces-debut-of-the-blunt-post-with-vic-now-on-mondays-at-7-a-m-with-host-vic-gerami/.
- "THE BLUNT POST with VIC" (in en). https://www.kpfk.org/on-air/the-blunt-post-with-vic/.
- "10 QUESTIONS with VIC Archives" (in en-US). https://thebluntpost.com/category/10-questions-with-vic/.
- "Singer, Hollywood Holland on Releasing Her COVID-19 Inspired New Single" (in en-US). 2020-05-22. http://www.bravenewhollywood.com/hollywood-holland-covid-19-inspired-new-single-journey-alone/.
- "EuroPride 2019: Vienna Celebrates Stonewall 50" (in en). 2019-09-05. https://www.outtraveler.com/destination-guide/2019/9/05/europride-2019-vienna-celebrates-stonewall-50.
- "Never Give Up | The Fight Magazine". https://thefightmag.com/2019/09/never-give-up/.
- "Spectacular Lake Como, Italy" (in en-CA). 2018-12-04. http://inmagazine.ca/2018/12/spectacular-lake-como-italy/.
- "Hey Armenia, We Need to Talk" (in en-US). 2018-08-17. https://armenianweekly.com/2018/08/17/hey-armenia-we-need-to-talk/.
- "OPEN LETTER: To the Prime Minister of Armenia on the Welfare of the LGBTQ+ Community" (in en-US). 2018-08-16. https://thepridela.com/2018/08/open-letter-to-the-prime-minister-of-armenia-on-the-welfare-of-the-lgbtq-community/.
- "Why You'll Never Regret Going to Pride in Milan" (in en). 2019-05-25. https://www.advocate.com/world/2019/5/25/why-youll-never-regret-going-pride-milan.
- "‘You have no right to call yourself Armenian’ Say Gay Man's Attackers" (in en-US). 2019-02-19. https://armenianweekly.com/2019/02/19/you-have-no-right-to-call-yourself-armenian-say-gay-mans-attackers/.
- "Exploring New Frontiers in LGBTQ Media in an Age of Resistance and Backlash – Los Angeles Press Club" (in en-US). http://lapressclub.org/new-frontiers-in-lgbtq-media/.
- Carlton, Jim (2008-12-27). "Gay Activists Boycott Backers of Prop 8" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123033766467736451.
- "Armenian-American LGBTQ community finds catharsis in The Promise" (in en-US). 2017-05-20. https://www.losangelesblade.com/2017/05/19/armenian-american-lgbtqs-find-catharsis-in-the-promise/.
- Armenia, Equality. "We're stronger together" (in en-US). https://equalityarmenia.org/about-us.