- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 3 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vijaya_Lawate. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vijaya_Lawate, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vijaya_Lawate. If the page name here has changed, please see Wikipedia:Vijaya Lawate, Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vijaya Lawate, and Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vijaya Lawate instead.
Ms. Vijaya Lawate, (known as Vijayatai Lawate) was a social worker who worked for the upliftment of sex workers and especially their children in Pune, India. She founded the organization named Manavya, which primarily takes care of children who are born HIV positive. 
Until 1997 Lawate worked for Nihar.
She died on 11 February 2005.
- "In Aid of AIDS". 2001-10-06. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune-times/In-Aid-of-AIDS/articleshow/151197204.cms. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- Sabnis, Vivek (2010-08-24). "50 HIV+ children get full-time teachers". http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/aug/240810-Sarva-Shiksha-Abhiyan-Zilla-Parishad-Pune.htm. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Founder". http://www.manavya.org/index.php/en/founder.html.
- "History". Archived from the original on 26 January 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160126050824/http://www.manavya.org/index.php/en/history.html.
- The India Express - Tabassum Barnagarwala | Bhugaon | Updated: December 1, 2015 Fighting stigma with positivity, a school that teaches to dream (Accessed on 11 February 2017)