Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 27 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Watches_&_Jewellery_of_Bond_Street. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Watches_&_Jewellery_of_Bond_Street, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Watches_&_Jewellery_of_Bond_Street.
Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street is a jewelry and luxury watch showroom gallery for Watchcenter.com and RichDiamonds.com located on Bond Street, London. The gallery gained notoriety in March 2014 when six men entered the establishment “waving axes, sledgehammers and a gun” in a smash and grab attempt. The shop’s security guard stopped the robbers by activating the store’s roller shutter. However, one of the robbers managed to spray the security guard and passersby with ammonia liquid, inflicting “life-changing injuries.” The attempted raid on Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street received prominent media attention on account of its unusual nature.
Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street was originally founded in 1986 in India by entrepreneur Raj Jain. At the time, Jain had begun working as a jewelry dealer for Indian aristocracy, eventually establishing his own jewelry showroom named Tresoro in Mumbai. In 1996, Jain opened his first gallery in London on Blenheim Street. In 2007 the shop moved to a showroom located on New Bond Street, where it remains today as Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street. The location servers as a showroom for retailers Watchcentre.com, an online platform that sells luxury watches, and Richdiamonds.com, an online platform that sells jewelry.
- "New Bond Street". ITV. http://www.itv.com/news/london/topic/new-bond-street/.
- "Welcome to the homepage of Watches & Jewellery of Bond Street". Chrono24. http://www.chrono24.com/en/dealer/watchcentre/index.htm.
- "'Terrifying' moment axe-wielding robbers targeted Mayfair jewellery shop". The Standard. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/terrifying-moment-axe-wielding-robbers-targeted-mayfair-jewellery-shop-9203509.html.
- "Moped gang armed with axes and sledgehammers steal luxury watches in terrifying raid on Mayfair jewellers". The Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3386861/Armed-robbers-motorbikes-raid-luxury-Mayfair-jewellery-store-barely-three-weeks-opened.html.
- "Bond Street jewellery raid Met response time 'scandalous'". BBC News. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-26628290.
- "Axe-wielding moped gang who attempted to rob jewellery shop thwarted by quick-thinking". Metro. http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/20/axe-wielding-moped-gang-who-attempted-to-rob-jewellery-shop-thwarted-by-quick-thinking-staff-4666676/.
- "Guard injured in attempted raid on London watch shop". BBC News. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-26658024.
- "Security guard 'life-changing injuries' after Bond Street raid". ITV. http://www.itv.com/news/london/2014-03-20/security-guard-life-changing-injuries-after-bond-street-raid/http://www.itv.com/news/london/2014-03-20/security-guard-life-changing-injuries-after-bond-street-raid/.
- "Armed Moped Gang In Axe Attack On Watch Shop". Sky News. http://news.sky.com/story/1228806/armed-moped-gang-in-axe-attack-on-watch-shop.
- "Caught on CCTV: Shocking moment axe-wielding armed robbers on mopeds tried to smash their way into London jewellery shop". The Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584725/Caught-CCTV-Shocking-moment-axe-wielding-armed-robbers-mopeds-tried-smash-way-London-jewellery-shop-foiled-quick-thinking-staff.html.
- "This is the moment a Mayfair jewellers was attacked by a gang of axe-wielding robbers.". The Evening Standard. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/terrifying-moment-axe-wielding-robbers-targeted-mayfair-jewellery-shop-9203509.html.