Waves platform AG
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 11 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Waves_platform_AG. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Waves_platform_AG, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Waves_platform_AG.
Waves Platform (Waves Platform AG) is a blockchain and distributed database technology company incorporated in Switzerland. The two primary areas of activity it is involved in are; A public distributed permissionless blockchain platform (Waves Platform) and private permissioned blockchain services for large enterprise and government bodies (Vostok). Waves Platform has an HQ in Moscow, Russia and several, other, offices based internationally. It was founded in 2017 by the current CEO, Alexander "Sasha" Ivanov. Artem Kalikhov holds the post of CTO and Mariya Borovikova is CFO.
Waves Platform is an open-source blockchain platform, featuring a distributed cryptocurrency exchange, Smart Contracts and built-in custom cryptocurrency token creation.. Waves Platform predates the formation of the company Waves Platform AG and it's launch was funded by an Initial coin offering (ICO) that raised more funds, in the form of Bitcoin, than the previous Ethereum ICO.
Vostok is a universal blockchain solution for scalable digital infrastructure designed for large enterprises and public institutions. Based on the Waves Platform software, its services utilise Waves-NG , itself based on Bitcoin-NG - a next-generation consensus algorithm, increasing network capacity, stability and speed. Vostok is a product offering private, permissioned blockchain based databases, distributed computing and integration services. Alexander Ivanov attended the 'Digital Capital of the World' event in the City of London, on during May, 2018 where he presented an outline of the Vostok business model and, in his view, its raison d'etre.
Promotion of Regulation and Legal Frameworks
Soon afer incorporation, Waves Platform formed a strategic partnership with Deloitte, the ICO Governance Foundation and other organisations to create a self-regulatory association aiming to regulate and shape the responsible growth of ICOs and practices within the blockchain industry. The association intends to provide reporting, legal, tax, accounting, KYC and business due diligence standards to the token crowdsales and initial coin offerings that have become a controversial cornerstone for blockchain startup funding.
- "Waves Platform AG, Weggis". http://www.monetas.ch/htm/647/en/Company-data-Waves-Platform-AG.htm?subj=2601490. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "What is the Difference Between Public and Permissioned Blockchains?". https://www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-the-difference-between-open-and-permissioned-blockchains/. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Waves Expands Operations with Offices in Amsterdam and Moscow". https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/waves-expands-operations-offices-amsterdam-moscow/. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "Russia eyes cryptocurrency dominance". 7 November 2017. http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/07/technology/russian-bitcoin-farm/index.html. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "The Birth Of A Blockchain: From Ripples To Making 'Crypto' Waves". 3 April 2017. https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/04/03/the-birth-of-a-blockchain-from-ripples-to-making-crypto-waves/#1659e97a418b. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Waves Platform". http://www.wavesplatform.com. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Blockchain Platform WAVES Finishes ICO, Raises Over $16.000.000 USD in Bitcoin". https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-platform-waves-finishes-ico-raises-over-16000000-usd-in-bitcoin. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Team Waves has announced the launch of a new project Vostok". http://crypta.news/2018/04/12/team-waves-has-announced-the-launch-of-a-new-project-vostok/. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Blockchain startups woo enterprises with a private chain audit trail". https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/18/blockchain-startups-woo-enterprises-with-a-private-chain-audit-trail/. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Waves Set To Become 'Fastest' Decentralized Blockchain Platform Globally". 8 November 2017. https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/11/08/waves-set-to-become-fastest-decentralized-blockchain-platform-globally/#4ac7919738b6. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Bitcoin-NG: A Scalable Blockchain Protocol". https://www.usenix.org/node/194907. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "Digital capital of the world". 31 May 2018. https://binarydistrict.com/meetup/digital-capital-of-the-world/. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "Deloitte Press Release: Waves Platform, with the support of leading market players, is founding a new self-regulatory body to set standards for ICOs". 11 December 2017. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/ru/Documents/about-deloitte/pressrelease/waves-platform-en.pdf. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "Deloitte CIS & Waves Partner to Ride & Regulate the ICO Market". 4 July 2017. https://www.ccn.com/deloitte-cis-waves-partner-ride-ico-boom/. Retrieved 12 June 2018.