- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Yvonne_Arceneaux. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Yvonne_Arceneaux, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Yvonne_Arceneaux.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (May 2009)
Yvonne Arceneaux (born March 1, 1947) is an American politician. She was the longest serving member of the city council of Compton, California. She also served on the board of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
On a half-acre lot, she and her husband resided in Richland Farms since 1993. There they raise animals such as ducks, donkeys, and chickens.
Arceneaux was elected to the Compton City Council in 1993. Representing the Third District, she was elected to six times. In the middle of her fifth term, she surpassed Jane D. Robbins as the City Council's longest-serving member. One of her chief accomplishments on the council was her support of a ban on alcohol and tobacco billboards in Compton, the first city to do so in the state of California. Since Arceneaux had dealt with livestock, she is a strong advocate of livestock and the continued struggle to protect it. She has certainly been a witness to several issues that deal with livestock. Issues such as:
- Overcrowding of livestock
- Illegal subdivision of property
- Abusive behavior afforded by the current zoning 
On Tuesday, April 21, 2009, Arceneaux was seated on the board of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
In December 2015, Arceneaux retired after serving a record 22 years on the Compton City Council.
- "YVONNE ARCENEAUX - Councilwoman 3rd District". Community Television of Southern California. http://www.kcet.org/socal/departures/richland-farms/the-present/yvonne-arceneaux---councilwoman-3th-district.html. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Tana L. McCoy sworn in as new district 3 councilmember". City of Compton (CA). 2016-02-03. http://www.comptoncity.org/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=257&TargetID=1. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Yvonne Arceneaux" Los Angeles, California: Metropolitan Water District of Southern California http://mwdh2o.com/mwdh2o/pages/board/board/yarceneaux.html. Retrieved 2009-12-14
- "Two New Directors Representing City of Compton, West Basin Seated on Metropolitan Water Board". Reuters. 2009-04-21. https://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS240253+21-Apr-2009+BW20090421. Retrieved 2009-05-25.