All Lights India International Film Festival
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 18 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:All_Lights_India_International_Film_Festival. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/All_Lights_India_International_Film_Festival, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/All_Lights_India_International_Film_Festival.
The much awaited and celebrated event, All Lights India International Film festival, a flagship event of Indywood Film Carnival is back with its third edition to mesmerize the locales of Hyderabad once again. The event is scheduled from Dec 1 - 4, 2017 at Ramoji Film City. The festival's first edition held from 15 - 19 November, 2015 at Cochin and the second edition culminated successfully at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad from 24 – 27 September 2016. With an aim to provide a unique platform for global film industry, ALIIFF will educate the community & festival attendees through the art and science of film, promoting cross-cultural awareness, the exchange of ideas, and social understanding.With a star studded participation of over 3500 national and international delegates and 135 movie screenings from 47 countries for its first edition, the second edition festival was much bigger both in terms of attendance and reach.Director of Oscar contented movie Dam 999 and CEO of Aries Group of Companies, Mr. Sohan Roy is the founder director of Indywood Film Carnival, world's ultimate film fiesta. Several national and international films have their premieres at ALIIFF. The festival will have different episodes starting from an opening ceremony and will include various sessions like World Premier, Oscar Contented Movie Screenings, Indywood Panorama, Master Classes, Retrospective and Tributes, Closing Nights, Country Focus Screenings, World Cinema Screenings etc. Special award categories have also been included in the competition and out of competition sections this year. A Micro, Short and Documentary festival exclusively designed to promote talented short film crew and a Campus based Students to identify the budding talents from campus are also planned with the main international feature film festival.
Indywood Film Market
Indywood Film Market (IFM) is a premium trade market for film industry professionals. The first edition of IFM was held from November 16–18, 2015 at Hotel Le Meridian, Kochi. The second edition was held at Ramoji film city on Sep 24 - 27, 2016 . IFM is a film souk in which the sales and promotion of films takes place. All Lights Film Society, an organization that assists film makers to go global is the chief organizer of Indywood Film Market. This consultancy which has its headquarters in Kochi is a subsidiary of Aries Creations. IFM also offers Market Screenings of films, Industry forums, Panel discussions, Paper presentations and Workshops.
Golden Frame Awards
- Best Feature Film
- Best Debut Director
- Best Indywood Panorama Film
- People Choice Award - Best Feature Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Documentary / Documentary Feature
For the Best Asian Film showcased at the festival. Jury from the Network for the promotion of Asian Cinema will judge the Asian movies from the festival entries and select the winner.
Film Critics Circle of India Award for the Best Indian Film at ALIIFF.
ALIIFF 2016 – Winners
Jury members: Anil Zankar, Madhu Eravankara, and Manoj Barpujari
Jury members: Vinod Sukumaran, Paul Douglas Grant, and Houshang Golmakani
- Best Short Film - The School (India) directed by Shiva Kumar
- Honorable Mention 1 - Senior Teacher (China) directed by Sha Mo
- Honorable Mention 2 - Cancer 71 (India) directed by Abhishek Talukder
- Best Student Short Film - Chaver (India) directed by Abhilash Vijayan
- Honorable Mention - Valentina (Germany) directed by Max Kidd
Jury members: Simone Mariani, Dan Wolman, and Ajita Suchitraveera
Jury members: KNT Sastry, Manju Borah, and P. Sheshadri
- Best Documentary Film - The Great Transmission (USA) directed by Pema Gellek
- Honorable Mention 1 - 'Vanishing Island' (India) directed by D. Dhanasumod
- Honorable Mention 2 - Smajl (Germany) directed by Philipp Majer
- Special Mention - Best Educational Film - Take Over (India) directed by Jennifer Alphonsse
Jury members: Kulikar Sotho, Andur Sahadevan, and Dalton L
- Best Debut Director - 1 st SEM (Philippines) directed by Dexter Paglinawan Hemedez & Allan Michael Ibanez
- Honorable Mention - Ms. Lotlot de Leon for her excellent performance as a mother in 1 st SEM
Jury members: Rajesh Touchdriver, Hassan Nazer, and Pan Nalin
- Best Feature Film - Nise - The Heart of Madness (Brazil) directed by Roberto Berliner
- Honorable Mention 1 - Laut (Philippines) directed by Luisito Lagdameo Ignacio
- Honorable Mention 2 - Roopantharam (India) directed by M. B. Padmakumar
Jury members: Sonja Prosenc, and P. Vasu
ALIIFF 2015 –Winners
- Golden Frame Award for Best Feature Film – Masaan (India) directed by Neeraj Ghaywan
- Golden Frame Award for Best Debut Director – Carlo Enciso Catu for My Life with A King (Philippines)
- Golden Frame Award for Best Indywood Panorama Film – Nirbashito (India) directed by Churni Ganguly
- Golden Frame Award for Best Short Film – I Exist (India) directed by Radhika Prasidhha
- Golden Frame Award for Best Documentary & Documentary Feature – 100 Mules Walking the Los Angeles Aqueduct (US) directed by Bruce Dickson
- Golden Frame People Choice Award – Seven Ravens (Czech Republic) directed by Alice Nellis.
- NETPAC Award for Best Asian Film – Mina Walking (Canada/ Afghanistan) directed by Yosef Baraki.
ALIIFF 2015- Honourable Mention Awards
- Honourable Mention Award (Feature Film) - Ben & Ara (US) directed by Nnegest Likke
- Honourable Mention Award (Debut Director’s Films) - Nekro (Turkey) directed by Pinar Sinan
- Honourable Mention Award (Short Film)- Till Jail Do Us Part (Puerto Rica) directed by Mariana Emmanuelli & Joserro Emmanuelli
- Honourable Mention Awards (Short Film)- Symmetry( Netherlands) directed by Ruben Van Leer
- Honourable Mention Award (Documenatary & Documentary Features)- Garden of Hope ( France / Brasil) directed by Laurence Guenoun
- "Kochi to Witness South Asia’s Biggest Film Market In November". http://www.cineulagam.com/tamil/news/events/kochi-to-witness-south-asias-biggest-film-market-in-november/.
- "DAM 999 India's only hope at Oscars". http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dam-999-is-indias-only-hope-at-oscars/1/170411.html.
- "Mohanlal flags off Indywood Film Market". http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/regional/mohanlal-flags-off-indywood-film-market/.
- "‘Masaan’, ‘Mina Walking’ win top laurels at ALIIFF 2015". http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/regional/masaan-mina-walking-win-top-laurels-at-aliiff-2015/.