David Wang (footballer)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 2 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:David_Wang_(footballer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Wang_(footballer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Wang_(footballer).
Wang was born in Cuenca, Spain to Chinese parents. He began to make a name for himself through playing futsal and was named the best futsal player in his province for three seasons between 2009 and 2012.
In 2014, Wang joined CD Mostoles in the Spanish Under 16's league for two seasons.
In 2016, Wang departed to spend a season on loan at Real Murcia, playing for their under 19 side.
AE Josep Maria Gene
Estudiantes de Murcia
In 2018, Wang signed for Spanish Segunda División B side Jumilla, spending the first half of the season playing for their reserve team Estudiantes de Murcia in the fourth tier of the Spanish football system. During this spell Wang made 16 appearances for the team.
Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C
On 1st January 2019 English Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers signed Wang on a four-and-a-half year deal, keeping him at the club until 2023. Wang was instantly loaned out on 2nd January 2019 to the Portuguese team Sporting CP B in the Campeonato de Portugal. He returned from his loan on 30th June 2019.
He was nominated as one of the Guardian's 60 Best Talents to Watch in 2017.
- "Wolves sign youngster David Wang". 1 January 2019. https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/under-23/20190101-wolves-sign-youngster-david-wang/#.
- "David Wang". https://www.football-wonderkids.co.uk/player/david-wang/.
- Dicken, Alex (4 January 2019). "Who is David Wang? Why Wolves wonderkid is 'big news' in China". https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-david-wang-wolves-wonderkid-15631198.
- "Next Generation 2017: 60 of the best young talents in world football". https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/oct/04/next-generation-2017-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football.
- McNeice, Angus (4 January 2019). "UK club signs talented Chinese player". http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201901/04/WS5c2d7d52a310d9121405346f.html.