Greg Bell (radio host)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 31 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Greg_Bell_(radio_host). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Greg_Bell_(radio_host), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Greg_Bell_(radio_host).
Greg Bell is the host and program director of Sirius XM Radio's old time radio channel Radio Classics and host of Radio Spirits' nationally syndicated show "When Radio Was." Bell grew up in central Illinois, where he developed an enthusiasm for old radio by listening to shows hosted by Art Fleming and Chuck Schaden, both of whom would go on to host "When Radio Was" prior to Bell. As a cinema studies major, Bell studied theater and film at the University of Illinois before learning the radio business as a music DJ, news director, national talk show producer and program director in various jobs around the country.
In 2002, Bell was hired at XM satellite radio in Washington, DC for the newly launched Radio Classics channel, for which he was able to draw on his extensive knowledge of classic film, television and radio. In 2007, he took over as host of "When Radio Was" after Chuck Schaden moved on (Schaden himself succeeded Stan Freeberg as host). Bell manages a blog where he posts upcoming radio schedules, channel news and updates, and interviews with radio and television personalities including long-time radio star Peggy Webber and Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborn. Since 2013 he has hosted Radio Spirits' annual cruise for fans of Old-Time Radio.
- "On the Radio Meet the Host on When Radio Was". http://www.radiospirits.com/onradio/meethost_gb.asp?source=wrw&pcode=WRW2008. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- Kaempfer, Rick. "Greg Bell". http://chicagoradiospotlight.blogspot.com/2012/04/greg-bell.html. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- Bell, Greg (June 18, 2013). "Happy Birthday Peter Lorre from Sirius XM and Greg Bell". Sirius XM Radio. http://peterlorrenews.blogspot.com/2013/06/happy-birthday-peter-lorre-from-sirius.html.
- Bell, Greg (April 4, 2014). "April 6th to April 12th, 2013 RadioClassics Show Schedule and Highlights". http://gregbellmedia.com/2014/04/04/april-6th-to-april-12th-2014-radioclassics-show-schedules-and-highlights/.