- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 22 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Skilljar. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Skilljar, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Skilljar.
Skilljar is an online training platform that allows companies to create training courses that can be used for employee training, customer onboarding, and product adoption. Skilljar has published ten ebooks about launching a Learning Management System (LMS), creating a customer success team, and the benefits of on-demand customer onboarding.
Skilljar was founded in 2013 in Seattle, Washington. It was co-founded by Sandi Lin and Jason Stewart.
In September 2016, Skilljar announced that it had launched a new Business Intelligence Connector, which enables companies to analyze customer certification and training data using powerful business intelligence tools. This tool supplements the pre-existing course analytics tools including per-student reporting, aggregate and individual quiz responses, and course completion summaries.
Skilljar joined the Microsoft Azure Marketplace in February of 2016.
Awards and Ratings
- Enterprise-Ready Rating From the Skyhigh CloudTrust™ Program
- Brandon Hall Group 2015 Excellence in Technology - Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for External Training
- Ioffe, Yevgeny. "Q&A with Sandi Lin, Co-founder of Skilljar". http://edtechtimes.com/2014/07/23/qa-sandi-lin-co-founder-skilljar/. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Lyon, Nina. "Skilljar aims to become a Major Provider of Online Education Courses for Bitcoin". https://cointelegraph.com/news/skilljar-aims-to-become-a-major-provider-of-online-education-courses-for-bitcoin-. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Skilljar Launches Business Intelligence Connector". http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/skilljar-launches-business-intelligence-connector-deliver-customer-training-insights-2158733.htm. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Skilljar to Streamline User Access for Onboarding and Training, Joins Microsoft Azure Marketplace". http://marketwire-yahoopartner.tumblr.com/post/138667525093/skilljar-to-streamline-user-access-for-onboarding.
- Lin, Sandi. "Skilljar". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/skilljar#/entity. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Lerman, Rachel. "Startup Skilljar raises $2.6M in funding". http://www.seattletimes.com/business/technology/startup-skilljar-raises-26m-in-funding/. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Soper, Taylor. "Skilljar raises $2.6M to help companies teach customers how to use their software". http://www.geekwire.com/2015/skilljar-raises-2-6m-to-help-companies-teach-customers-how-to-use-their-software/. Retrieved 15 September 2016.