Space Pirates (Windows Phone game)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 27 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Space_Pirates_(Windows_Phone_game). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Space_Pirates_(Windows_Phone_game), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Space_Pirates_(Windows_Phone_game).
Space Pirates is a retro-style MMRPG tycoon game reminiscent of Mafia Wars and other boss style games. Players take on different roles starting as a Land Lubber, and advance their career as they complete missions, earn credits, level up and build strength, which they use to battle other players.
Gameplay is extensive with 157 levels and 73 missions. The game has more than 50 achievements that players can complete. Space Pirates is free to play and has a companion Wiki site documenting game play to help users with the game..
Space Pirates is available online at https://www.PlaySpacePirates.com.
Space Pirates was initially released in late 2012 on the Windows Store where it rose to prominence in the early Windows Phone community. The game established notoriety as an early pioneer, becoming one of the first popular games in the nascent Windows Phone store. It has maintained a 4.5 out of 5.0 star review
On June 14, 2017, Rhino Monkey announced that they would be releasing Space Pirates to additional platforms.
On January 8, 2020, Rhino Monkey registered the domain PlaySpacePirates.com.
In March of 2020, Rhino Monkey released Space Pirates in beta form, and on May 10, 2020, Space Pirates was finally re-released online at PlaySpacePirates.com.
In late 2012, Space Pirates was one of the first popular games released on the Microsoft Phone platform.
On December 18, 2014, Space Pirates and its creators Rhino Monkey software, were featured on episode 169 of the Windows Developer Show podcast. 
- "Space Pirates Wiki". Rhino Monkey. https://www.playspacepirates.com/wiki.
- "Windows Phone Store". Microsoft. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/space-pirates/9nblggh08c2c.
- "Space Pirates to be released on additional platforms.". https://www.facebook.com/PlaySpacePirates/posts/1164316527006336.
- "WhoIs Domain Registry". WhoIs. https://www.whois.com/whois/playspacepirates.com.
- "Space Pirates". Rhino Monkey Software. https://www.playspacepirates.com.
- "Space Pirates featured on Windows Developer Show". Windows Developer Show. https://web.archive.org/web/20150302114427/http://windowsdevelopershow.com/2014/12/episode-169-rhino-monkey/.