Udayani Social Action Forum
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 19 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Udayani_Social_Action_Forum. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Udayani_Social_Action_Forum, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Udayani_Social_Action_Forum.
Udayani Social Action Forum (USAF) is the social outreach arm of the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus. It works with schools, parishes, spiritual centres, international immersion groups, NGOs, and other organizations to foster a faith that does justice. It also serves as a link between the Jesuit social apostolate in India and the priorities of the Jesuit Conference of the South Asian Assistancy.Template:Dead link
USAF employs a rights-based approach to empowerment of the tribal peoples of West Bengal State. It both collaborates with the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta and is ecumenical in its cooperation with organizations of all faiths.
The Forum claims that it has "played an important and vital role" in coordinating efforts in defense of the right to food and work, Its director, Fr. Jothi, says that, when he was hesitant about his vocal public advocacy for the basic human needs of the people, the Mother Superior of the Missionaries of Charity came to his defense.
USAF was party to a joint statement by the India-Africa group opposing the policy of the World Trade Organization, and is involved in wage negotiations. It is also an Indian party to the international alliance against the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GAT). It also was a presenter on Results-Based Management in Bangkok.
Other social justice issues in which USAF has been involved include help for the children of prisoners, defense of women's rights, opposition to human trafficking, support for environmentalism, cow vigilantism, the government funding seminar, and commentary on national elections.
- Jesuits, Calcutta. "Social Justice – Calcutta Jesuits" (in en-US). http://calcuttajesuits.org/social-justice.
- "Fr. Ante Gabric, S.J. - An Apostle of the Sundarbans, Croatian missionary in Bengal, India". http://www.croatia.org/crown/articles/10439/1/Fr-Ante-Gabric-SJ---An-Apostle-of-the-Sundarbans-Croatian-missionary-in-Bengal-India.html.
- "Seva Kendra Calcutta - Official Website". http://www.sevakendra.in/collaborators.html.
- "church association unites ngos in west bengal - ucanews.com". ucanews.com. http://www.ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/2008/07/16/church-association-unites-ngos-in-west-bengal&post_id=48876.
- "Campaign helps poor get cheaper food grains in Bengal". http://rtfmap.milanfoodlaw.org/documents/23104/24877/Campaign+helps+poor+get+cheaper+food+grains+in+Bengal+.pdf/5005aa28-d184-4a98-a837-4c56324d9f50?version=1.0.
- AsiaNews.it. "Banging empty plates: women protest in West Bengal for jobs (Photos)". http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Banging-empty-plates:-women-protest-in-West-Bengal-for-jobs-(Photos)-39870.html.
- "How Sister Nirmala didn't let Mother Teresa's legacy overshadow her". http://www.dailyo.in/politics/sister-nirmala-catholic-church-missionaries-of-charity-kolkata-contemplative-order/story/1/4596.html.
- India-Africa joint statement criticizing WTO. Accessed 9 May 2016.
- "India: Statement On West Bengal Tripartite Wage Agreement In Tea Industry - Europe Solidaire Sans Frontières" (in en). http://www.europe-solidaire.org/spip.php?article34515.
- "GATS: International Sign-on Statement" (in en). http://www.thealliancefordemocracy.org/html/eng/1331-AA.shtml.
- Trade. Accessed 9 May 2016.
- "Results-Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation". 3-7 October 2016. http://www.eldtraining.com/uploads/4/1/9/8/41988625/20161003_rbm_bkk_evalreport.pdf.
- "Official Website of West Bengal Correctional Services, India - Prisoners’ Children in Correctional Homes". http://wbcorrectionalservices.gov.in/prisoners_children04.html.
- "Gandhi Vichar Parisad". http://gandhivicharparisad.org/recent_programme.html.
- Xavier, Joseph s j (2017). Women as ambassadors of transformation: Santhal and dalit women speak out. Udayani Social Action Forum. Udayani Social Action Forum Indian Social Institute: Kolkata Bangalore. http://isid.bestbookbuddies.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=39888.
- Administrator, HRLN. "One Day Consultation on Legal Rights & Rehabilitation of Trafficked Victims" (in en-gb). http://hrln.org/hrln/anti-trafficking/reports/1318-one-day-consultation-on-legal-rights-a-rehabilitation-of-trafficked-victims.html.
- Environmentalism. Accessed 9 May 2016.
- "India: Activists Condemn Cow Vigilantism" (in en-US). Eurasia Review. 2017-04-13. http://www.eurasiareview.com/13042017-india-activists-condemn-cow-vigilantism/.
- In government seminar on funding. Accessed 9 May 2016.
- AsiaNews.it. "INDIA A tsunami called". http://www.asianews.it/news-en/A-tsunami-called-Mamata.-High-hopes-for-the-new-government-of-West-Bengal.-21721.html.