- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 14 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Vishwajeet. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vishwajeet, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Vishwajeet.
Template:Infobox given name Vishwajeet (Sanskrit: विश्वजीत) is an ancient Indo-Aryan masculine name originating in India. In the Sanskrit language, 'vishwa' ("विश्व") means 'universe' and 'jeet' ("जीत") means 'victory'. Thereby, 'Vishwajeet' can be loosely translated as 'conqueror of the universe'.
In Bengal, 'Bishojit' ("বিশ্বজিৎ") is interpreted as one who has 'attained all knowledge', and is a popular name among males.
Common variations of the spelling include Vishwajit, Visvajit, Bishwajit, Biswajit, etc.
- Biswajit Chatterjee (বিশ্বজিৎ চ্যাটার্জী), prominent Bengali actor
- Biswajit Bhattacharya, manager of East Bengal F.C. - India's highest ranked football team
- Kumar Bishwajit, Bengali singer and composer
- Bishwajit Bhattacharjee, researcher and professor at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Biswajit Biswas, footballer at United S.C.
- Pandit Biswajit Roy Chowdhury, Hindustani classical musician
- Biswajit Saha, footballer
- Bishwajit Bhattacharyya, former Solicitor General of India
- Biswajit Chakraborty, Bengali actor
- Biswajit Paul, cricketer
- Visvajit, legendary King of the Chola dynasty
- Vishwajeet Pradhan, Bollywood actor
- Vishwajit Pratapsingh Rane, MLA from Goa
- Vishwajeet Kadam, politician and member of the Indian National Congress
- Biswajit Daimary, politician, member of the Rajya Sabha
- Vishwajeet Joshi, Bollywood music composer