2020 Regents Park stabbing
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 20 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2020_Regents_Park_stabbing. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_Regents_Park_stabbing, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_Regents_Park_stabbing.
On 20 February 2020, the muezzin of London Central Mosque in Park Road, near Regent's Park, was injured when a man stabbed him in the neck in front of onlookers at 15:10 GMT. The man was arrested minutes later. The injured person was taken to a major trauma center, according to the London Ambulance Service, but returned the next day to resume his duties. Scotland Yard has launched an investigation into the attempted murder. While the victim was in his 70s, the attacker was a 29-year-old man.
Boris Johnson has tweeted about the attack that he is "deeply saddened to hear of the attack at the London Central Mosque. It's so awful that this should happen, especially in a place of worship. My thoughts are with the victim and all those affected."
London mayor Sadiq Khan has said: "I'm deeply concerned by this incident at London Central Mosque. Every Londoner is entitled to feel safe in their place of worship & I want to reassure London's communities that acts of violence in our city will not be tolerated. The Met are providing extra resources in the area."
- "London Central Mosque stabbing: Man is arrested". BBC. February 20, 2020. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-51578770. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- "Regent's Park mosque prayer leader returns day after being stabbed". The Guardian. 21 February 2020. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/21/regents-park-mosque-prayer-leader-returns-day-after-being-stabbed.
- Murphy, Simon (February 20, 2020). "Man arrested after London mosque stabbing". The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/20/man-arrested-after-london-mosque-stabbing. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- "Boris Johnson on Twitter". Twitter. February 20, 2020. https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1230535733154324480. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Wood, Vincent (February 20, 2020). "London mosque stabbing: Man arrested after attacking worshipper while he prays". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-mosque-stabbing-regents-park-attack-today-latest-a9347421.html. Retrieved February 20, 2020.