- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 21 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Georges_Cadiou. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Georges_Cadiou, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Georges_Cadiou.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2017)
March 10, 1951|
|Alma mater||University of Rennes 1|
|Political party||Breton Democratic Union|
Georges Cadiou is a French journalist, writer, and politician. He worked for Radio France until 2010, for which he is known for his sports commentary. He was Deputy Mayor of Quimper from 2008 to 2014.  
Georges Cadiou was born on March 10 , 1951, in Brest (Léon, Finistère) in a family from Huelgoat. His father, Prosper Cadiou (1926-1969), was a former farmer who then worked at the SNCF , like his mother, born Yvonne Le Scraigne in 1928. After studying law at the University of Rennes I , he made his military service in the French West Indies and Guyana. He is married to Eliane Faucon-Dumont, a Telegram reporter.
After having worked for the sport magazine Miroir Sprint, Georges Cadiou began his career as a journalist in 1972 by integrating the quimperian writing of the Telegram. In 1982, he joined Radio France as a big reporter for France Bleu Breizh Izel , the local station of Basse-Bretagne based in Quimper 1. If it also covers the general news and highlights events such as the recent conflicts in Bosnia and Algeria, it is in sports especially that the listener finds the voice of Georges Cadiou: he has to his credit a dozen Tours of France , several Paris-Roubaix, the world cycling championships in Colorado, Norway, Sicily or Austria, major sailing events such as the Route du Rhum , the AG2R , Jacques-Vabre , the English Transat or the Solitaire du Figaro. It also follows the international events of athletics and swimming and many football matches (more than 1300 matches 1st and 2nd directly commented division). Radio journalist foremost, Georges Cadiou also collaborates, and throughout his career, with other print media : magazines such as Ar Men , The Breton People or Sport Breizh , newspapers like Brittany Hebdo or Le Canard de Nantes to Brest. He also wrote for Bretagne-Île-de-France , the magazine of the Union of Breton Companies of Ile-de-France (USBIF) of which he was general secretary in 1975. Georges Cadiou leaves professional journalism in 2010. His work on the Breton movement is cited by the academic Marc Bergère as one of those who "enriched" the "scientific knowledge of the period" , alongside those of Michel Denis , Henri Fréville , and Kristian Hamon 2.
Georges Cadiou is also author. He is known to have signed several books and documentaries on the history of Britain and sport 1.
- En collaboration : "L'Encyclopédie mondiale des Jeux Olympiques", Éditions Vaillant-Miroir Sprint, Paris, 1979-80
- "Les Grandes Heures du Cyclisme breton" Éditions Ouest-France, Rennes, 1981
- "Les Grandes Heures du Football Breton" Éditions Ouest-France, Rennes, 1982
- "Les Grands du Cyclisme breton" Keltia-Graphic, Spézet, 1990
- "Dieux et déesses, les Grands de l'Athlétisme mondial", Messidor, Paris, 1991
- "Les Origines des Sports en Bretagne et dans les Pays Celtiques", Skol Vreizh, 1995
- "La Grande Histoire de l'Athlétisme en Bretagne", Éditions du Télégramme,1997
- "La Grande Histoire du Football en Bretagne", Liv'Éditions, Le Faouët, 1998
- "L'Hermine et la Croix gammée. Le mouvement breton et la Collaboration", Éditions Mango, Paris, 2001 (réédition revue, augmentée et corrigée, en format poche, aux éditions Apogée, Rennes, 2006)
- "Toutes les cultures de Bretagne" (chapitre sur les sports contemporains), Éditions Skol Vreizh, Morlaix, 2004
- "Les Grands Cyclistes Bretons", Éditions Alan Sutton, 2005
- "Les Grands Noms du Football Breton", Éditions Alan Sutton, 2006
- "Les Grands Skippers", Éditions Alan Sutton, 2007
- "Les Grands du Sport Breton", Éditions Apogée, Rennes, 2007
- "Les Grands Duels du Cyclisme", Éditions Alan Sutton, 2008
- "Huelgoat et les Monts d'Arrée, les rebelles de la montagne" (avec Eliane Faucon-Dumont), Éditions Alan Sutton, 2008
- "La belle histoire du Stade Brestois", Editions Alan Sutton, 2010
- Georges Cadiou (March 2013) (in fr). Emsav, dictionnaire critique, historique et biographique : le mouvement breton de A à Z. Coop Breizh. ISBN 9782843465741. http://quimper.letelegramme.com/local/finistere-sud/quimper/ville/emsav-un-dictionnaire-sur-le-mouvement-breton-22-03-2013-2043769.php?xtmc=emsav&xtcr=2.
- Georges Cadiou (March 2015) (in fr). La Gauche et la Revendication bretonne. éd. Yoran Embanner. ISBN 978-2916579801.
- Georges Cadiou (May 2015) (in fr). Les Pionniers du cyclisme breton. De 1869 à 1939. Lopérec: éd. Locus Solus. ISBN 9782368330807.
- Georges Cadiou et al. (July 2015) (in fr). Huelgoat - Chaos des merveilles. Lopérec: éd. Locus Solus. ISBN 9782368330852. ISSN 2417-176X.
- Une série sur les grandes heures du sport breton avec Hubert Béasse pour TV Breizh, 2002
- Un documentaire sur Bernard Hinault : le cyclisme est un sport de combat, avec Hubert Béasse pour France 3
- Un documentaire sur le mouvement breton et la Collaboration, avec Hubert Béasse pour France 3
Activist from Martinique Communist Party (PCM) and the French Communist Party (PCF) in the 1970s, Georges Cadiou leaves the latter in 1979, when the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the case of Plogoff. It gets closer to the Breton Democratic Union (UDB) in 2004, year when the autonomist party accedes to the regional council of Brittany. If he is "not always in total agreement" with the party, the journalist sees in the UDB "a movement that brings new ideas into politics". It is under this label that he is elected, in March 2008, Deputy Mayor of Quimper in charge of the public policies of the3. On the union side, Georges Cadiou is a member of the National Syndicate of Journalists CGT (SNJ-CGT). He was also at the end of his career secretary of the works committee of Radio France for the western france. From June 2008 to February 2011, Georges Cadiou was elected President of the Association of Progressive Representatives of Brittany (AEPB). The March 7 , 2012, he becomes president of Sivalodet, the intermunicipal union which gathers 26 communes of the watershed of the Odet located in the area of Quimper. In May 2013, Georges Cadiou announced he will not represent the Breton Democratic Union to the municipal elections of March 2014 in Quimper. He said: "I have tried to represent at best, and in sometimes difficult conditions, this current of the Breton left which I claim and that I will continue to defend whatever the future circumstances". Without mentioning his eventual rallying to another component of the Quebec municipal majority, he left the party in November 2013 and announced "I will not be absent from the next election fights" 6. In March, Georges Cadiou is a candidate on the lefton the list led by incumbent mayor Bernard Poignant (PS), list that will lose the elections against that of Ludovic Jolivet (UMP).
- http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bretagne/emissions/la-voix-est-libre-bretagne/actu/georges-cadiou-la-gauche-et-la-revendication-bretonne.html - france3 regions. francetvinfo.fr
- https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/guingamp-22200/georges-cadiou-signe-un-livre-sur-en-avant-de-guingamp-4248444 - ouest france
- http://www.20minutes.fr/rennes/1856135-20160531-ligue-1-tous-bretons-voudraient-voir-stade-rennais-meilleur-niveau-assure-georges-cadiou - 20minutes.fr
- http://www.nantes.maville.com/sport/detail_-fc-nantes.-un-livre-sur-l-histoire-des-canaris-signe-georges-cadiou_52716-3106736_actu.Htm - nantes.maville.com
- http://www.e-leclerc.com/espace+culturel/auteur/georges-cadiou/liste - e-leclerc.com
- http://www.presseocean.fr/actualite/fc-nantes-un-livre-sur-lhistoire-des-canaris-signe-georges-cadiou-25-12-2016-213700 - presse ocean.fr
- http://www.miroirdufootball.com/?p=2368 - miroir du football
- https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/concarneau-29900/rosporden-revivez-les-fetes-et-loisirs-du-siecle-dernier-5305101 - ouest france
- https://www.breizh-info.com/2016/06/16/44896/memoire-dun-club-stade-rennais-guingamp-georges-cadiou - breizh info
- http://www.letelegramme.fr/finistere/quimper/georges-cadiou-un-ps-jacobin-ira-dans-le-mur-pour-les-regionales-07-04-2015-10586422.php - letelegramme.fr
- http://www.editions-wartberg.com/autoren/autor/838-georges-cadiou.html - editions wartberg