Glamanand Supermodel India
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 5 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Glamanand_Supermodel_India. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Glamanand_Supermodel_India. Template:Use Indian English
Template:Infobox organization Glamanand Supermodel India is a national beauty pageant in India organised by Glamanand Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. that is responsible for the selection of India's representatives to Miss Earth, Miss International, Miss Tourism World.
The pageant started in 2014. Mohini Raaj Puniya of Maharashtra was adjudged the winner of Glamanand Supermodel India 2014. She represented India at Face of Beauty International 2014 pageant held in Taiwan in the month of November. In 2015 Audrey D'Silva was chosen as Glamanand Face Of Beauty India 2015 to represent India at Face of Beauty International 2015 in Taiwan. However, due to visa issues she could not participate in the pageant.Template:Fact
The year 2015
In April 2015, the chairman of Glamanand Supermodel India, Nikhil Anand acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Earth pageant. Carousel Productions, the parent organisation of Miss Earth pageant, headed by Ramon Monzon awarded the rights to Glamanand Organisation to send India's delegates to the Miss Earth pageant from 2015 onwards.
India has been participating in the Miss Earth pageant since its inception in 2001. Earlier, from 2001 to 2014 Femina Miss India (2001–2013, as Femina Miss India Earth) and Miss Diva (2014, as Miss Diva Earth) sent the delegates to the said pageant. Both the pageants are owned by The Times Group headed by Vineet Jain.
Shamita Singha became the first Indian woman to represent India at Miss Earth. She was one of the top 10 semifinalists the year and also won the special award for Best National Costume at the pageant.
India has won one Miss Earth title. In 2010, Nicole Faria, Femina Miss India Earth 2010 became the first Indian and second Asian to win the Miss Earth Pageant. She is the only Indian woman to win the Miss Earth title.
Later in October the same year, Glamanand also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International beauty pageant. Supriya Aiman from Bihar became the first Glamanand Miss India International titleholder.
India has been participating in Miss International pageant since its inception in 1960. Eve's Weekly Miss India was the first Indian national pageant that sent India's representatives to Miss International. It sent India's delegates to Miss International from 1960 to 1962 and 1968 to 1988. Iona Pinto was the first Indian lady to participate in the Miss International pageant. She was the winner of the Eve's Weekly Miss India 1960 contest and was crowned 1st Runner Up at Miss International 1960 in USA. Indian did not compete at Miss International from 1963 to 1967 and 1989,1990. Shikha Swaroop was the last Eve's Weekly Miss India titleholder, she was crowned in the year 1988.
In the year 1991, Femina Miss India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant, Preeti Mankotia was crowned the first ever Femina Miss India International and represented India at Miss International 1991 in Japan and became a semi-finalist. From 1991 to 2012, 2014, Femina Miss India delegate represented India at Miss International and in 2013 Miss Diva titleholder was sent to the said pageant.
India's representatives to International Pageants
Template:Main From 2001 to 2013, Femina Miss India sent India's representative to Miss Earth. In the year 2014, the sister beauty pageant of Femina Miss India known as Miss Diva sent India's representative to the pageant. Both Femina Miss India and Miss Diva pageants are owned by The Times Group.
|Template:Flagicon2015||Supriya Aiman||Bihar||<center>Panasonic Beauty Ambassador|
Visit Japan Tourism Ambassador
Miss Tourism World
Face of Beauty International
In 2013 a separate pageant was held in New Zealand named Face of Beauty International India, where Shrishty Gupta was the winner. In 2014 the first ever Glamanand Supermodel India Mohini Raaj Puniya represented India at Face Of Beauty International 2014 in Taiwan.
|Template:Flagicon2014||Mohini Raaj Puniya||Canada/Maharashtra||<center>Unplaced|
|Template:Flagicon2013||Shrishty Gupta||New Zealand/Maharashtra||<center>Unplaced||<center> Top 5 Miss Talent|
- "MISS INDIA FACE of BEAUTY is MOHINI RAAJ PUNIYA". missosology.com. http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=515705. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "INTERVIEW: MISS EARTH INDIA NEW NATIONAL DIRECTOR". missosology.com. http://host.missosology.info/~missyorg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=667181. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- पटना। विकास कुमार. "मिस अर्थ के नेशनल डायरेक्टर बने दरभंगा के निखिल आनंद". Live Hindustan. http://www.livehindustan.com/news/bihar/article1-Bihar-Darbhanga-Miss-Earth-National-Director-Nikhil-Anand-482069.html. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- "A separate pageant in India to select representatives for Miss Earth pageant". angelopedia.com. http://www.angelopedia.com/news/A-separate-pageant-in-India-to-select-representatives-for-Miss-Earth-pageant/799. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Face of Beauty". pageantopolis.com. http://www.pageantopolis.com/international/face.htm. Retrieved 4 June 2015.