- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 30 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:OpenCrowd. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/OpenCrowd, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/OpenCrowd.
OpenCrowd is a New York City based privately held design and technology services firm that develops custom blockchain solutions for both global clients and early startups, as well as smart analytics applications.
Founded in 2005, it is headed by Sushil Prabhu as CEO, formerly CTO at Scient and Head of Technology at Cambridge Technology Partners, with Bob Howe, founder of IBM’s consulting practice, and former CEO of Scient, serving as its Chairman.
OpenCrowd was founded in 2005 as a custom design and technology services firm primarily serving financial services companies. They performed early work with big data solutions , PaaS , and collaboration-centric applications.
On July 13th, 2018, OpenCrowd announced a new partnership with the BuildCoin Foundation to jointly develop the features and functions of BuildCoin's new blockchain ecosystem for public infrastructure projects.
On October 10th, 2018, OpenCrowd announced a partnership with Securrency, a global financial services technology infrastructure and products company, to enable Securrency's regulatory compliance engine to support tokenization and trading across distributed ledger technologies, a market first.
OpenCrowd is currently engaged in a number of projects across a variety of industries and sectors
- Hedera Hashgraph: a distributed ledger platform that aims to address many common issues with traditional blockchains, including speed, fairness, and security.
- Securrency: a platform aimed to deliver financial technology products for the tokenized issuance and trading of securities.
- BitCarbon: a distributed ledger-based economic system that will create and support a physical and digital crypto asset in the form of a fungible diamond commodity.
- BuildCoin Foundation: a non-profit blockchain ecosystem for public infrastructure and construction projects.
OpenCrowd has a product DragonGlass that accelerates the building of search solutions. Typical uses for DragonGlass include enterprise search, search analytic applications, log analysis, and data discovery. The product includes a number of features that can reduce the time it takes to build these types of applications. Some capabilities include a set of connectors to content stores such as SaaS application and structured data repositories, data mapping tools to create schemas for content, normalizations of content, and a framework for data access and visualization. The product has a set of APIs that developers can use in addition to using administration screens. Recently, OpenCrowd has developed both the DragonGlass API and platform to enable instant access and analytics to both off-chain enterprise data and transactions from multiple blockchains, including Ethereum, HashGraph, and EOS.
- CodeFutures. "CodeFutures Launches AgilData to Turn Big Data into a Dynamic Stream for the Real-time Enterprise" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/codefutures-launches-agildata-to-turn-big-data-into-a-dynamic-stream-for-the-real-time-enterprise-262693921.html.
- "Cloud Leaders Join Red Hat’s Open Platform-as-a-Service Ecosystem" (in en). 2011-05-04. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110504005646/en/Cloud-Leaders-Join-Red-Hat%E2%80%99s-Open-Platform-as-a-Service.
- "OpenCrowd's Collaboration AppBuilder (CAB) product to launch on Red Hat's new OpenShift PaaS platform". https://www.prweb.com/releases/opencrowd/cab/prweb8373158.htm.
- OpenCrowd. "OpenCrowd and Swirlds, the Hashgraph Company, Partner to Enable Development of Next Generation Decentralized Applications" (in en). https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opencrowd-and-swirlds-the-hashgraph-company-partner-to-enable-development-of-next-generation-decentralized-applications-300588335.html.
- Team, Bitcoin Exchange Guide News (2018-07-13). "The BuildCoin Foundation And OpenCrowd Team Up For Blockchain Development" (in en-US). https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/the-buildcoin-foundation-and-opencrowd-team-up-for-blockchain-development/.
- Zerucha, Tony (2018-10-10). "Securrency taps OpenCrowd’s blockchain solutions to enable tokenization, securities trading" (in en-US). https://nxtalpha.com/securrency-taps-opencrowds-blockchain-solutions-to-enable-tokenization-securities-trading/.
- SFCToday. "What Is Hedera Hashgraph and Why It Matters – SFCToday" (in en-US). http://www.sfctoday.com/what-is-hedera-and-why-it-matters/.
- Thorpe, Devin (January 18, 2019). "How Blockchain Technology Will Improve Securities Markets" (in en-US). https://www.forbes.com/sites/devinthorpe/2019/01/18/how-blockchain-technology-will-improve-securities-markets/#4f97141c5e44.
- "portfolio". https://opencrowd.com/portfolio.
- "portfolio". https://opencrowd.com/portfolio.
- "Dragonglass - Search-based Analytics Platform" (in en). http://www.dragonglass.me/features/#features.
- "Dragonglass - Search-based Analytics Platform" (in en). http://www.dragonglass.me/docs/.
- "solutions". https://opencrowd.com/solutions.